Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 09-26-2006, 04:51 AM   #1

Looking for a reasonably priced toter for racing use to pull a stacker trailer or 5th wheel trailer. Conversion only needs to be 14-16', and I don't need a huge water tank etc. It needs to HAUL race cars, it won't be an RV for us, but we do want to stay in it at the track! Anyone have a used unit for sale, contact me.. or email links with photos... FL60 or something in that size range would be fine!

Thanks. contact me at porschemann30@hotmail.com

Porschemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:57 PM   #2

Fl60 is a pig, set your standards higher

Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:19 PM   #3

Try looking for -
FLD112 or 120, or FLC112 or 120 (Century Class), these can be had just as cheaply as the mediums, and there is a far larger selection. Much stronger trucks, SAME fuel mileage, SAME price, SAME or better comfort level, due to air suspension, which most mediums do not have, and almost ALL Class 8's do.
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:23 AM   #4

Thanks for the tip. That will open up the possibilities a bit more
Old 10-18-2006, 10:54 PM   #5

How much are you looking to spend for this unit? I know of a couple of guys up in MN ho might want to part with theirs.
Tony

www.toolsetmotorhomes.com
anthony desnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:51 AM   #6

Good question! Amount I want to spend varies of course with condition, type, vehicle base etc. and pending sale of my existing setup. The biggest problem I have found is that I am NOT looking for a motorhome to pull a TAG trailer! I want a decent unit to pull a 5th wheel trailer! Don't want a shower, or even washroom for that matter as it's maintenance/mess/hassle that we have no interest in! We are racers, not a retired couple that wants to go camping. After racing all weekend I don't want to deal with holding tanks etc. I have yet to visit a track that has not had excellent shower and washroom facilities within 100's of feet from where we park and set-up! All the units I have seen set-up the way we want have been in the $35-55K range but unfortunately they are either TAG hitch or gooseneck only and I am not interested in either of those towing set-ups.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #7

I understand your thoughts in not dealing with holding tanks etc, however, you might want to consider resale somewhere in the future. A toter will sell a whole lot better if equipped with the necessities. To avoid the hassels, just don't use em!
Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:40 PM   #8

Porschemann, you can get an adapter to haul your fifth wheel trailer on a gooseneck hitch. Otherwise, if you don't want a toterhome with bathroom, etc.-why not get a used single axle tractor?

Bob
rjdhomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #9

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm aware that I can put a different hitch on my existing trailer, I just pull the 5th wheel hitch out of the pinbox and slide in a gooseneck. HOWEVER, I don't want a gooseneck. The big drawback is that the trailer does NOT need to be tethered to the truck for a 5th wheel but DOES with a gooseneck. Believe me, if she comes loose, I don't want cables/chains holding that trailer to my truck! Let it go and let the break-away take care of it!
As to the issue of the single axle, we do want to have the convenience of the sleeping area and the cook surface. We always stay at the track, currently in the trailer which has accomodations in the front, but I want to take that space over for more car stuff and move the accomodations to the toter...
Anyhow, I am in NO rush on this and the ideal vehicle will come if I am patient ! :-)