Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community > Classifieds > Wanted: Conversions, HDT, MDT, Parts or Accessories
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-19-2007, 05:27 PM   #1

In the market for a conversion/fabrication provider to design/build following: Ramp conversion to allow drive-on/piggy-back ramp for Jeep Wrangler (14 ft length, 4,500 lb) w/ gooseneck/5th wheel hitch behind ramp--tow capability (16,000 lb).

Also need advice re: truck class--Business Class/Medium Duty (Class 6)? or Class 7/8?; and desired specs: Quad-cab, Built-in Genset (5 kw), storage, Cat C-13 (preferred), Jake brake, Allision/Eaton-Fuller AT, air suspension.

Please provide advice and providers.

Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #2

Hi Dick-

If you want a truck with the C-13 Cat, you definitely are looking at Class 8 trucks. Classes 6-7 use the smaller Cats like the C-7 or C-9. I would be looking at Class 8 regardless as there are far more of them in the used market, keeping the price lower. You get far more bang for the buck with a Class 8, plus more durability, better ride (most Class 8's have air suspension, but far fewer Class 6-7's have it).

Happy hunting!

Gary

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #3

Thanks, Gary, for the info. Since my original post, I have arrived at the same conclusion. My problem is specing and finding the right truck. Any ideas?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:28 PM   #4

Class 8 would be the best way to go.
Depending on length, and options ie., sleeper etc., with the built on ramp. I would consider getting a hitch-buddy for towing your trailer. For more info visit http://www.hitch-buddy.com

Alot of folks who have purchased various model Motorcoaches are using that set-up and it seems to work very well for their needs.

Hope that helps...

Ciao,
Ace
HoosierAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #5

Ace,

Thx for the recommendation.

Dick