Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #1

Hi,

we have a semi-unique requirement that we have a motorhome that is not long, are willing to sacrifice motorhome space, but it needs to be able to carry a car inside (or preferably on a stacker), as we also have to take an additional trailer (which cannot take cars).

does anyone make a garage motorhome with a stacker or big enough for a car ? it seems to me our ideal setup would be something like a toter-sized front with a 16' garage in back (with stacker)...

thanks

phat bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:46 PM   #2

phat bob,
I had a similar desire for a smaller motorhome with car-capable garage, and with my son developed a RV-Garage design that we floated around for design considerations and estimates. I'm surprized that Anthony Desnick of Toolset Motorhomes(612-701-0263) and Randy Butler of Butler Motorcoaches (866-219-2353/920-386-4633)haven't posted a reply to your request. They are experienced and respected conversion builders who responded very helpfully to my inquiries. They both post in this forum and occassionally on escapees HDT forum. Another is Chuck Swenson of K&C Conversions (605-882-9015) who I went with. Chuck is not active on these forums nor on the www but his nice rigs are seen on some racing circuits. My rig still has a ways to go to completion so I'm not ready to make a final, ultimate recommendation, but Chuck knows conversions and is a fellow that can be worked with to get customized things done.

Check these guys out. Good luck.

medent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:32 AM   #3

50150race trailers

wildside

Cobra

These companies all build exactly what you have described! Garage stackers present different challenges than more normal conversions
It is important to have the proper lift gate on this unit and these companies are good at that
I have been in all of the above named units motorhome garage conversions and they are all very nice ! Make sure your check book has plenty of room in it good luck
fastlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #4

we our working on a model like this as i type this..if we could be any help please call me at 765 728 8251 or email me at jlmmachine@myvine.com and i would be glad to help with your needs
jmccoin is offline   Reply With Quote