Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-14-2005, 05:17 PM   #1

I am sure you are wondering what I am doing with this new addition.

Well during a recent discussion I found myself replying with a canned answer I have produced with some old information.

So I am going to invite representatives of those companies to come on the site and provide information about their respective companies. Everything from company news, product info, marketing info, and any other detail about their product. It will also be a place for respective owners of those products to post updates, opinions, and any detail. And finally potential customers of those products to ask questions.

I am looking to get more real info going versus just speculation.

Bill

Old 03-14-2005, 07:57 PM   #2

Exactly what a researching potential buyer needs for a big purchase like this:
Accurate information.

Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:37 PM   #3

Warpath:....How are you going to deal with the unhappy opinionated owner.....the one that is going to use the information against the company/individual-in lets say court or the public opinion arena?.......Is this going to be one of those [moderated=neutered] discussion boards or are things going to be of a give and take nature without the threat of being barred from diacussion-which has happened on many many many discussion boards......geof kaye
Old 03-16-2005, 09:04 AM   #4

I don't care if you as a manufacturer build the most perfect product, there is always going to be unhappy customers.

Companies that address issues and work with customers are always going to be better off. Some customers will never be happy, and many times if those people post information you can read into that by the way they present their problems.

To be honest, I think the smaller companies might post information. The bigger guys either won't understand what benefit a opportunity like this will offer or don't care. I hope I am wrong.

Even thought we only have 430 members, there are just under 10,000 visitors to the site each month. The potential advertising benefit is huge and all for free. And hopefully we get good information and content out of it.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:56 AM   #5

Did I hear free? Did I ever mention that I am a very frugal German? I am in the process of finishing my condo slideout? Yes, I now am able to put a queensize aircoil bed in a conventional 72" sleeper? Would you like to see the pics?

Is this the kind of thing you are talking about Bill?
butlermotorcoaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:37 AM   #6

Exactly what I am talking about. Randy be sure to put your info in your forum when your ready to release the details.

BTW: That is very cool, I would think that would be a hit in the toter and trucking industry.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:37 AM   #7

bill,--- thanks-- the manufactuers section may well have some negative posts--- that's ok-- remember what's his name?----however people post-- what they say will be apparent to nearly everybody and readers can judge for themselves--overall i believe that it's a huge step forward-- thanks again. ---mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #8

Regarding the listed Conversion Manufacturers:

Isn't there also a Pro-Line Truck conversion company in Missouri?

Also, note that there is a Powerhouse Conversion company and a Powerhouse Coach company that are separate and distinct. I think they both began about the same time and picked very similar names coincidentally.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 04:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by butlermotorcoaches:
Did I hear free? Did I ever mention that I am a very frugal German? I am in the process of finishing my condo slideout? Yes, I now am able to put a queensize aircoil bed in a conventional 72" sleeper? Would you like to see the pics?

Is this the kind of thing you are talking about Bill?
Pics? Did he say pics?
Heck yeah we wanna see pics! Bring 'em on! Post them puppies(don't take that literally)!
ALWAYS ready for good(or otherwise) pics!
Whenever you're ready....
Gary
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:11 PM   #10

.....did he say Queen size bunk in a 72" sleeper"....finally something the right size for me and the "rental models"[and the dog].....lets go for the pix....maybe I don't need to wait till '08 to get a new tractor?....geof kaye
Old 03-17-2005, 04:30 PM   #11

Well Geof, I've been sworn to secrecy for at least a week by Randy and the Wisconsin Mob(kind of a cheesy bunch), but I will say that if you're into cool sleepers, yer gonna wet yer jeans on this one.
Gary
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:30 PM   #12

......wet jeans I really don't need at my age.....but a queen size bed in a sleeper.......heaven-just heaven.....geof kaye....[waiting a week] BTW EVERYONE: THE TRUCK SHOW IS THE LAST 2 DAYS OF MARCH AND APRIL FIRST AT LOUISVILLE.....GOING TO BE CROWDED AND MY HOTTIES(2)WILL BE THERE WITH ME....ALSO THE PAINTED VOLVO TRACTOR.........