Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-17-2006, 10:48 PM   #1

Hi, i was wondering what everyone thinks about powerhouse coach. they look pretty nice on their website. http://www.powerhousecoach.com/

bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:05 PM   #2

Powerhouse addresses issues on their website that many manufacturers don't mention, and that is "costs."

Link to costs here.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:21 PM   #3

I am interested in purchasing a Powerhouse Coach.
I would like some feedback from the members of this site. What do you folks think about their coaches?
garyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #4

Doug Tolbert, the owner of Powerhouse Coach, has got some really great ideas with his coaches. I like the idea of being able to get up from the driver's seat and not have to bend over to get to the back. I like the idea of having a stinger hook-up for a toad. That couldn't be done on a Class A (the structure of the frame and placement of the engine wouldn't allow it). I like the idea of 4 slideouts. Powerhouse and Kingsley are the only ones who have addressed this request from the "RV" people and it's going to have to be addressed by the rest of the conversion factories eventually, because there are so many racers out there and there are hundreds of thousands of RVers. The downside of Powerhouse is the step mechanism to get out of the living area. If you are not on level ground, you're screwed. Another downside is the length of some of their units. Anything over 45' is illegal in all states. You can fudge a little, but 52 or 55 feet is just too much. It might work out west, but don't come east of the Mississippi because you are going to have to get real lucky to find a place for the big ones to fit in most states especially New England. Another downside might be that they bolt on a readymade unit on the back rather than start from scratch. I don't know that that is a big deal. I've never heard of one of their units have trouble with that, but not too many owners of Powerhouse units belong to this thread. If you are seriously thinking about a Powerhouse, go out to Idaho City and look at one. I plan to.
photoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #5

Photguy thanks for the tips. I planned on a visit myself. I also like the idea of walking from the coach to the cab without bending. I like seats or a couch in the cab for conversation with the people your traveling with. What I saw that I did not like is the extra charge to cut of some of the sleeper cab to make a shorter unit. What is the length of a 42 passenger bus? They are legal in all 50 states. Anyone else have any thoughts about a powerhouse coach?

Gary
garyt is offline   Reply With Quote