Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-14-2005, 08:25 PM   #1

I've been keeping a low profile and spending way too much time working so yesterday I stop by this site and end up reading some ignorant statements that were made by someone that really didn't identify himself. The problem with a forum like this is anyone can make statements and accusations that attack a persons credibility. One of the good things about a forum like this is that fortunately when someone is wrongfully attacked, real people with real ideas, comments and concerns come forward to point out just how far the accuser has his head up his ass.

I am a relative newbie to this board and one one of my first posts there was some disscussion about construction and items like that. I had made some comments about certain construction techniques that were different than what is considered normal in the industry and Bill called me on it. Bill e-mailed me and in a synopsis said prove it. I sent him pictures and he posted them and some discussion continued. Bill posted the pics that were not of any benefit to himself but may benefit others, just as 99% of all posts on this forum do.

Bill does have a Showhauler coming and some things may come off to be a little biased but I believe it is only because he feels Showhauler is one of the best products, enough so that he is spending his money on one. It would be stupid for a man to spend his money on a purchase of this size without believing that he is buying the best product for his needs. And by the way Bill is correct because Showhauler is one of the best manufacturers out there, not the only one, but definately on my short list of quality manufacturers.

One more thing as long as I am on this soapbox. I know there are alot of lurkers out there that don't comment, just watch and read, to those I would say please don't let the comments of one person keep you from contributing to this forum. I personally have never met anyone on this board but 99% sure seem to be good people and will help anyone at anytime with whatever they can. Unfortunately we always remember the one that is a pain in the ass that hides in the background just stirring up crap.

Randy

butlermotorcoaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 08:00 AM   #2

In the latest response to my posting on this website. Warpath the operator attaches Cowboy Cadillac and Rv Truck for not posting an address on their site. Mr. Warpath stop looking at the Showhauler web site and please spend a little time investigation the other dealers and manufactures with web sites before making crazy statements!

Example One:

If the operator of this site would investigate the market he would learn Powerhouse Coach does not list an address nor a telephone number! Does that make Powerhouse coach a shady operation? I do not think so! The owner of Powerhouse sell 12 plus units a year. Not posting his address and telephone number works great for Powerhouse! Does that make Powerhouse a questionable company? If so please contact Powerhouse Coach Doug Talbort (Owner)at (208) 589-0015

Example Two

Crew Chief Is another example of a quality Toter home and hauler manufacture that does not display an address on their website! Does that make Crew Chief a questionable company. If so please Contact Sam Sharma (Sales Manager) Direct Line: 1-800-700-2865
Tel: (519) 923-2016 Fax: (519) 923-2672

In ten minutes I found (20) twenty major Rv Dealers and Manufactures that did not list a street address! Should I list them all? Does that make them questionable?

Then I read on! The next guy posts a personal attack!

This forum is showing it's true colors. That is why the operator and his freinds are defensive about a member exposing the facts! I am not a member of the sales staff for any Rv or Rv Truck company.I am a retired private investigator. I am just another guy with a truck motor home! I post information all over the internet. This is the first time I have been attacked for exposing the information that would be helpful to people visiting this site!

Dispute the slant by the operator of this site to plug one manufacture and it's dealers. This site may qualify as an education sight if additional information is added to assist the general public. It would be helpful to add vender's names for customer to locate parts,conversion companies and services! Not just plug one company.

For You Guy Looking To locate custom vendor's!

Hauler Beds

* Warner Body's Manufactures Hauler Bodies (317) 773-2100
* Perfection Trucks (800)-888-7326

Truck Conversions

* M&M Conversion Builds Haulers And Custom Trailers (940) 627-8807
* Voss Hauler (612) 804-75110
* "Bob Funk" Custom Haulers (405) 760-3435
* "Gary Graham" Haulers Graham Equipment Co. (918) 788-3338
* Crown Coach (2510 680-9630 or 251-973-0900 ext 7
* Recreation By Design (The Do It Yourself) Motor homes (888)919-9800
* (Lift gates) * Theiman Lift gates (800) 524-5210
* "Natco" Custom Trailers and Motor homes (604) 792-5810
* K&C Conversions (605) 882-9015 Ask for Chuck Cell (605) 520-8000
* Powerhouse Coach (208) 589-0015 Ask For Doug
* Elite Custom Coaches (651) 408-8863
* Becker Auto Design (805) 487-5227

Used Trailers
* "Ron Anderson" Custom Trailer (615) 477-7572
* David Adams Race Car Transports and Vending Trailer (563)547-5520
* Craftman Ind. Custom Trailer and Display Vehicles (626) 940-5825

Crew Cab
* Jesse Proctor Crew Cab Hauler (719)689-3224
* Dallas Peterbilt Crew Cab Peterbilts (800)256-7383
* Rush Peterbilt (800)359-1639

Other Venders
* Dygert Seating (574) 262-4675
* Labrock Seating (817) 831-6261
* All Wheel Drive 4x4 Motor homes (918) 425-5225
* Cold Iron Class 7 and 8 Truck Transportation (800) 636-6669

Lets Help Public! Please submit the companies I have not listed!

This could be a great web site! It just needs a little integrity

Thanks for the forum!

Rvtruckin!
Old 02-28-2005, 10:23 AM   #3

NO IT DOES NOT MAKE POWERHOUSE SHADY,BUT I CAN TELL YOU, IT MAKE'S IT HARD TO GET INFO FROM THEM!I KNOW THAT I HAVE TRIED,SO WHEN I DECIDE ON A BUILDER AND I HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING IN TOUCH IT WILL PUT THAT PERSON LOW ON MY LIST OF CHOICES TO USE
SST MOTORSPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote