Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-15-2015, 12:58 PM   #1

Default Roof and wall problems

Hoping for some friendly advice. I'm about to mail a down payment tomorrow to a showhauler dealer. I'll be trading my second DP for a 45' truck conversion. I'm confident that it's the right fit for my family's needs except for one concern. I've read about some people having problems with the adhesive used to bond the aluminum to the frames of the walls and roof. Has anyone had problems with this? If so, has the problem been an easy fix, did it occur multiple times, and assuming that I can get it to the factory for repair would the cost be in the hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands. All advice is welcome. Thank you!

RBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #2

Yes there has been problems in the past, are they corrected to date-why not phone the manufacturer and discuss.
NRC answer to the possibility is to rivet the panels plus tape them.
Of course there is no problem with Chariot or Renegade because they use a one piece wall-hmmmm

Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:16 PM   #3

Thanks. I haven't seen recent posts and did speak with the manufacturer. It's nice to hear from current owners who have no reason not to give full disclosure. I had been told by owners and the manufacturer that the past problems had been resolved, but it's always good to verify. Thanks for your input. FYI: I spec'd out a renegade classic and a showhauler almost identically and although I love Renegade's products and I agree that their wall structure would not have the potential for these issues, I just couldn't afford the $80000 difference in price. I would expect to make up some of the 80K on resale but not all of it. Thanks again for your reply and I'll post some build pics when the time comes.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:51 AM   #4

We were on a tour and Lonnie at Showhauler addressed that issue with me several years ago. He was quite frustrated with the siding issue but they were trying a different 3M adhesive tape at the overlap of the siding sheets. This conversation was in 2009-2010.
duster340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:57 AM   #5

Thanks. Hopefully the change resolved things. I haven't found any recent complaints, so I'm hoping that problem no longer occurs frequently.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:19 AM   #6

I have not seen any problems, a few issues a few years ago- but none since
rjdhomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:49 PM   #7

Thanks. Will post a link to new truck pics when I get the build # and first set of pics.