Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-12-2018, 10:54 AM   #1

Default Renegade/Showhauler style hitch setup.

Where to purchase or what to call it when searching for one? I have a tractor I'm converting, that I need a HD receiver hitch setup installed.

VNLCOACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:11 PM   #2

I made my own ball platform(with bushpilots pics for reference), it is on a Haulmark but looking at the pictures for a Renegade it looks the same. Here is a link to the thread on these hitches, post #19 has a link to the drawings I created and gave to a local fab shop to waterjet cut and weld for me ....

http://www.truckconversion.net/forum...er-hitch-7581/

If you are looking for the end of frame mounting plate find the nearest shop that installs dump bodies(they use them for hinge mounts and hitch mounts to pull a pup). They will have/fabricate what ever you want and for less than what a "dealer" would want.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #3

After months (literally) of chasing down leads on a commercially available set up. I finally just went down to the local welder that repairs dump trucks. It ended up costing about the same amount and He used the same type of rear frame cap ( 1 inch plate) that he would put on a 40k dump truck hitch. I would advise getting this done BEFORE you do the body build if possible. The hitch really ties the frame rails together better than the factory rear cross member.
solo318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:32 PM   #4

Sorry haven't checked in lately. VRT Enterprises near Middlebury makes the hitch and ball mounts you were looking for. Also do many of the frame modifications for the local truck conversion companies. Funny enough they are also into porti potties rentals lol.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 02:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Sorry haven't checked in lately. VRT Enterprises near Middlebury makes the hitch and ball mounts you were looking for. Also do many of the frame modifications for the local truck conversion companies. Funny enough they are also into porti potties rentals lol.
Thanks for the info. They don't do those frame conversions any more.
VNLCOACH is offline   Reply With Quote