Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 04-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #1

Does anyone know anything about them ? Good, bad, other? THey have a motorhome I am interested in but would like to hear some feedback. They have a website-www.glconversions.com

Thanks!

256-778-8888
Racefab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #2

...they aren't cheap but they are unique and and one of a kind....within reason $ I'd say they are the top in features and design...geofkaye

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #3

Thanks. Do you know them or someone who has done business with them recently. I am in Alabama and they are in the North Dakota, I believe the guy said. Any way I'm interested in one of there trucks but would like to hear from some customers.

Thanks
256-778-8888
Old 04-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #4

....I've stolen a few of their ideas over the last couple of years....looked at their coaches at the RVIA and RVMA in Louisville each year.....while they are too glitzy for me I do appreciate their design group and what they do with the space.....I'd spend the money if I couldn't build for myself.....With a 5-12 times materials -one can save a lot of money in the DIY mode.....I don't full time so I don't need a lot of finish and I have other things to do with my equipment than just use it for travel/recreation......others want a more utilitarian unite and come to me for ideas and interiors from time to time....geofkaye
Old 04-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #5

Ok thanks but we may be talking about two different companies. This company has clean, but just get ya by interiors. No frills at all. Nicely built and good looking on the outside but very basic which fit's my budget.
256-778-8888
Old 04-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #6

......30k furnace....2 A/C's....maybe they skipped on the insulation some-don't you think?....carpet on walls does eliminate noise very will....plain jane's is the interior designers middle name-but you can get around that with a little chintz of some sort. older truck with miles at 500k isn't too good because of warranty issues-price is OK if all the whistles and bells are there.....need a further look see to make sure the specs are there....85 divided by 5 = 17,000 in materials???.....maybe but again I'd have to look very closely at the materials listed.....aluminum is .100 inch thick?....very heavy construction but need a trip through factory.....which is in Florida?....maybe in June or July....geofkaye
Old 04-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #7

We talking about the same builder ?... the Powerhouse Coach that I know about is in Idaho ?...
"edited" ooops, just read the first post and saw the url....oh well, just another link to look at if you want too.
ibTALLwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:44 AM   #8

Click on the links section at the top of this page and then click on Motorhome MFG. You will find both Powerhouse Coach and Powerhouse Conversions. Racefab,the one you are referring to is Powerhouse Conversions. I have no other information or experience with them.
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Your source for information on Truck Motorhome, Toterhome, Motorhome w/ Garage & MDT Conversions.
Yes Powerhouse Conversions is the same one. They have another website where they call themselves Powerhouse motorhomes. Anyway thanks guys I was hoping to find someone that either had dealings with them or was close by and could check them out.
256-778-8888
Old 04-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #10

They're not bad for the money. Steel frame on 12'' centers, alum exterior (smooth). Actually not built bad. They just keep it simple, focused on a minimum of special effects. Were thinking of having them build one for us of which we will finish off the inside ourselves, just having them do all the electrical, plumbing, cabinets, etc. Call Greg at GLCONVERSIONS, cool dude to deal with.
HotRodKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:58 PM   #11

Thanks HotRodKW. Yes I have been talking to Greg about a truck they have. I'm hoping I can work something out on it.
256-778-8888
Old 04-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #12

......better be a hellof a deal as there are 300 on RacingJunk.com and those guys will deal if you go the cash......usually 20-30% off asking in normal.....geofkaye
Old 04-15-2008, 07:10 AM   #13

Speaking of Geofkaye, did you spring a deal with that "yellow" KW you were bloging with? A buddy of mine went to look at it and was interested, figured it was a nice starter, but now for that kind of money! Needed too much to come out ahead. Guess the agent said the owner was stuck on getting all his money back out that he put in it 14 years ago!
HotRodKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:04 PM   #14

....I gotta find out about the insulation and one other issue before I offer......I'd done with taxes finally so I can get back to something important Wednesday....geofkaye
Old 04-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #15

.....what a mess-of all the days for the carpet cleaners/drape cleaners/and those idiots that make my furniture soggy with soda water-to show up!....have to let go for a day or two till my whole world gets steam cleaned within an inch of it's life......including me!....geofkaye