Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-07-2003, 06:09 PM   #1

Oldphoneman suggested a gathering of the trucks on or about Sept. 9th in Oregon. This seemed to be greeted with a rousing thud.

Why not have a gathering/rally/mob scene/ whatever? September in Oregon is gorgous (sp) and it never rains!

Anyone thouhts? ideas? better location?

The reason we have large trucks is because they are reliable, able to go anywhere anytime ready at a moments notice. Able to travel long distances at a single bound, come on guys lets get together, I'm Irish I like to tell lies, it's my culture.

Chuck

chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:30 AM   #2
Ox

Swapping lies, admiring each others customizations, bragging about pulling hills at speed. Yup, that sounds like a great time.

Sadly, Suzy Q likes her diesel and that requires I keep the Work Demon happy. Burning all my vacation time with my daughter on a 2 week cross-country trip this summer. I'll need to rely on the discussion board for a recap of the September event.

Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 06:10 AM   #3

Location: https://community.webshots.com/photo/93826746/94091929JnrVfF

Hi Fellows -- --

Sadly It's true -- As it seems this Summer -- most are tied to that w**k thing !!

I'll post my travel plans -- as perhaps for those who may be close -- we can gather.

I leave Florence, Or. on the evening of September 4th --- With a destination of Calico Ghost Town which is juse East of Barstow, Ca. Arriving -- Perhaps Saturday afternoon -- or if I've found something interesting along the way -- Sunday afternoon. Plan on leaving Tuesday mid day heading for Parker, Az. via Needles,Topock,Lake Havasu -- arriving Tuesday evening in Parker. I'm not sure where I'll stay at the moment -- Buckskin State Park comes to mind. I plan to stay in Parker about 10 days - as this is a scouting trip -- It's been about 25 years since I've been here. Used to go nearly every weekend in my younger days -- as I used to have 3 speed boats over the years and thought this would be a great place to spend the winters when I retired. Well -- I'm still alive and retirement is close !!

Plan on leaving Parker on the 22nd and head to Pahrump, Nv. staying at the SKP Par-A-Dice Park till the 30th -- Then start heading back to Florence -- arriving around the 4th or 5th of October.

Well -- Thats my story .........

Although as far as Trucks go -- I've nothing to offer -- as I've plastered the Web with pictures of mine ........ :^)

But -- I can stand toe - to - toe ...... and tell tall tales .......... :^)

Hope you fellows have a Great time today at your gathering .......

I have GPS in the Tractor -- and if contacted -- I can give co-ordinates as to where we are at any given time.

Cell number is 541-999-1035

Well -- W**k beckons ............ :^(

Tootles .......

OLDphoneman
OLDphoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 08:33 AM   #4

Yes that dang work thing is putting a crimp in my social life Oh well whats a guy to do. Like Willie said " On the road again - just can't wait to get on the road again"
smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:14 AM   #5

Boy -- Not only can't I spell .. I can't remember dates or my own cell number !!

It's the 15th for the Gathering -- --

And -- My cell number is 541-999-0135 !!

Senior Moments -- -- .. .. :^)

Tootles ......

OLDphoneman
Old 07-08-2003, 11:59 AM   #6
Ox

hey, Parker ARIZONA. Well, THAT changes things. Count me in as a definite "maybe". I'll be south bound from Las Vegas that Sunday after playing around in the Las Vegas Bike Fest. Swinging by Parker on the way home to Phx is within reason.

Um...question...the meet is on the 15th? A Monday?
Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 05:45 AM   #7

Hi Chris -- --

That would be Great -- if you've time to stop by -- on your way home from Vegas !! At least the dates I posted of my trip are correct !! Give me a call on the cell - and I'll let you know where I've found a spot.

In answer to your question -- on "The Meet" -- being on the 15th -- That's Chuck's meeting at the Flying J in july -- on his way to pickup his new Airstream !!

And for those who may be in the North West next month -- I'll be attending the Diesel Truck races at the Woodburn drag strip (as a spectator) on August 2nd -- That's just South of Portland.

Tootles ......

OLDphoneman
Old 07-09-2003, 06:31 AM   #8

Hey, I didn't realize we were talking Parker Arizona either. There is a 5k race in Bisbee on the 18th of October that I am going to enter. It is the race of a 1000 steps as they take you up and down the steps of Bisbee. I run steps for a hobby (I have no life) and my son ran it a few years ago and came in tenth, I am out to beat him.

So September late may work.

How about some other running a little 5k in the Historic mining town of Bisbee?

Chuck
chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 07:04 PM   #9

Hi Chuck -- --

I love talking "Trucks" -- or most anything else !!

Running -- It's been close to 40 years as best I can recollect ...... maybe in Keds or PF Flyers then .........

My idea of going fast -- is "Grab Another Gear" and "Throttle Up" ......... Until I'm outa gears and throttle ......... :^)

Running --- Not a pretty site ...... Nope !!

But -- You bring Flame by to visit Ol Red --- and we'll talk Trucks -- as I want to take a closer look at your setup !!

Back to listening to Wax My Woodie on XM 30 .... 2 days a week just isn't enough !!

Tootles .......

OLDphoneman