Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community > Truck Conversion Talk > Truck Conversion General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 09-09-2004, 04:26 PM   #1

Hello,

3 questions please.

1. I'm trying to find the names of the biggest manufacturers of Class 8 type truck conversions to motorhomes.

Could anyone assist me by listing the ones you know of please.

I am aware of Kingley, Showhauler, Hallmark, but don't know the others.

The reason I ask is when I am searching ebay or other sites for a used rig, I don't know the proper key words to use.

2. Also, could anyone list other sites besides ebay where a person could find Class 8 type motorhomes for sale?

3. A member posted a list of the big manufacturers along with their personal comments on whether they do customs or stock only models...It's here on this site and I am unable to find it. Does anyone know where it's at or send the link?

Thanks for your help.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:02 PM   #2

BravestDog -

Have you seen this one that is forsale --> http://www.truckconversion.net/cgi-b...id=1&min=&max=

Go to the link section of this site, it has all of the motorhone conversion manufactures, and a list of classified sections that contain conversion.

Happy hunting!

Bill

Old 09-09-2004, 05:05 PM   #3

As far as big in would include Renegade by Kibbi. They are located in Bristol, IN a little east of Elkhart, IN. Haulmark is located on the other side of the interstate from Renegade.

NRC Modifications is located about 5 minutes east of Renegade and Haulmark.

Trendsetter by United Specialities is located in north Elkhart right next to I-80. Dynamax is located near there also but truck conversions are limited in model choices and are expensive.

Showhauler is located in Middlebury about 20 miles south of I-80 and the NRC location.

Transport Designs is located in Pennsylvania, they are a custom shop so they do not produce as many units.

Try Truck Trader online because they someimes have some.

One of the better sources for advertising of used units and a lot of dealers is the National Dragster. It is the weekly newspaper of the National Hot Rod Association. Because of US Nationals the latest issue had 10 pages of classified ads for truck conversions and race trailers. Many of the dealers advertising also have used units. Truck conversion are popular with the sportsman race market.

There might be other racing publications for the local type dirt or oval racing markets.

Contact all of the manufacturers and get a list of their dealers. Then send the dealers a note asking if they have any used units.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:13 PM   #4

.....Did WERA sell his motorhome yet....,havent heard a peep out of him in a few weeks.....geof
Old 09-13-2004, 05:30 PM   #5

Still here and it's still for sale, just didn't want to be too pushy here

BravestDog - if you're interested in a 2001 Showhauler let me know and I'lll send you details.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:58 PM   #6

.....Sean if you come to Milford with the vehicle let me know-I can't get away till November or December....dam busy season again and I'm buildin' also....geof
Old 09-14-2004, 06:47 AM   #7

LOL - just spent the night at my sisters out on 28 Sunday night. Downside is that's the last time that I have a race up that way this season, however visiting family this winter is always a possibility.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:18 PM   #8

....let me know if your going to be up here with the motorhome...1-888-513-5293 VM/WCB/ ASAP/ 24-7.....geof
Old 09-15-2004, 09:15 AM   #9

Will do.