Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-26-2010, 11:54 PM   #1

We recently purchased a United Specialties unit (Freightliner chassis, 24' living space with 10' garage). Love it..It's in mint condition and is just what we have been looking for. After we purchased it we come to find out we can't import it to Canada, because it's not on the RIV list. We even checked into this previously(before we made the deal) and were given some incorrect information. Yada Yada Yada.. We bought it..and are now in this perdicament...THanks to the notsohelpful help line at Transport Canada.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Any suggestions? We are heart broken about this!

HELP!!!

luvmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #2

Oh my, that's awful. I never heard of anything like that. I searched around those Canadian sites that deal with importing vehicles. It looks goofie to me. What about do you think you could get one of these "preclearance list of recognized vehicle importers" to maybe import the truck up there for you and then do whatever they have to do to make it Canadian legal? Here's the list that I found: http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-se...MAN&src=freightliner

Maybe one of them would be able to help? I'm sure money would be involved but I bet you could find one that needs work/money and could do it for you. I don't know what it entails to make it Canadian legal. More brake lights? Better seat belts? Bigger rear view mirrors? Molson refrigerator?

Old 08-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #3

The Escapees forum has some info on trucks into Canada. I found this one: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index...=79545&hl=riv+canada

There might be some helpful info there for you. I got confused reading it.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:59 AM   #4

Where are you at on this? Any progress?