Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-29-2010, 04:01 PM   #1

Yep, he came to St. Paul for a dog show so I drove over there to lay a handshake on him. Got the tour too, of course. Love that truck. Very nice. He's got some pretty good lookin' dogs too. Did you take best in show or anything Ed? Hot weather for the show, nice having 3 ac's I suppose. Sorry my timing wasn't soo good and you had to get that pooch in the ring to show off his stuff. Great to meet you. Anytime you come through St. Paul you're welcome to come park in front of my house and plug in.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #2

Hey Bob it was a pleasure meeting you as well. Yes, as a norm we are rather busy at dog shows during the days and the evenings are our time to relax unless we have dogs to wash. I was traveling rather light this trip with only showing my Portie and someone elses Newf. No best in show but we did very well, Portie took best of op Friday at the Portie specialty and again Sunday. Newf took winners dog on Sat and best of winners Sunday. Very pleased with our results.
Three ac's come in handy when it is hot but only two were turned on this past weekend. Kept the garage area about 67 degrees for the dogs and front 69 degrees for us.

It was also very nice to meet your brother he is a nice guy as well

Old 09-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #3

Was to be on my way to NJ right now but gen set will not start. Just a clicking sound. What the heck? Had to cancel this trip since temps are to be in the 80's out there and a holiday weekend I just cannot chance not having air for the dogs.
So here I am at home.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #4

That's too bad. I hope it's nothing too expensive. Wait, are you still under warranty?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #5

Got it fixed today and yes under warranty. Not sure but think it was an internal relay? Cummings Onan dealer did not want me to wait for the paper work since they thought I would be heading for NJ (to late) they will mail it to me. Wife went without me last night in the van..would not have been any room for me in the van. Now we are talking about VA next month. If it was up to her she would have me drive the rig all winter long.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #6

Glad it's fixed.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #7

Thanks Bob.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #8

Eds,

I would love to hear what the final outcome was once you get your paperwork.

I have the Onan/Cummins configuration in my truck too. It has started making me a bit nervous over the last year or so...

Thanks,

Rad
Old 09-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #9

Rad,
It ended up being the starter relay. Before it was repaired all I could get it to do was give me a clicking sound when I went to start. Guess the clicking was from the fuel pump they said.
If I remember right there are three relays at the top behind the rad overflow tank.

Hope this helps.

Ed
Old 09-16-2010, 02:32 AM   #10

I have to do it,now I have not money.

edhardy is offline   Reply With Quote