Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Truck Conversion General Discussions (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/)
-   -   Members On the road, where are you now? (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/members-road-where-you-now-6210/)

Bob86ZZ4 04-27-2012 08:01 AM

Members On the road, where are you now?

I decided to start this here because I couldn't find the one Bushpilot had started (I eventually found it in the HDT section). I'm heading over to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, this weekend for track time at Road America. If anybody is nearby (90GTSC?) it would be great to see ya stop over. My son is running his Vette on the track.

Doc Weaver 04-27-2012 10:20 AM

Packing up for three weeks myself. I leave for Shreveport LA tomorrow. After that I'm heading to Branson MO. I set up trade show booths for one of my companies every spring at these shows.

bushpilot 04-27-2012 11:48 AM

assuming i get our gen set running, we'll be headed to virginia on our about the 2nd - anticipating a few hours in a rest area and then continuing on for a planned arrival on the 3rd.

we'll be around savannah on the 9th, then head back to houston shortly after that.

#90-GTSC 04-27-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 (Post 38515)
I decided to start this here because I couldn't find the one Bushpilot had started (I eventually found it in the HDT section). I'm heading over to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, this weekend for track time at Road America. If anybody is nearby (90GTSC?) it would be great to see ya stop over. My son is running his Vette on the track.

HOw long are you going to be there? All weekend? I'm about 40 minutes south in Grafton. I might do that.

Where will you be parked? 4 mile track, 650 acres!

hot rod 04-28-2012 12:22 AM

In Carlisle, PA this weekend for the car auction/swap meet. Weekend of 5/4 in Canfield, OH for the swap meet/car show. Then Pigeon Forge 2 weeks after that for the F100 nationals.

Bob86ZZ4 04-28-2012 10:44 AM

We're parked in the main paddock, right be the start/finish line. Only truck conversion here. My son is running his '99 Vette, car number 833. They're charging a $5 spectator fee to get in. He's got a few more run sessions today. Then same thing 2morrow. It's just open track lapping. Lot's of different cars running. It would be fun to meet you here. Track shuts down at 1745 hrs. And we have to pull the rig outside the gate to camp overnight because they didn't staff for overnight camping.

Bob86ZZ4 04-28-2012 10:48 AM

We're probably going to make chocolate chip cookies after lunch. Heaven's they're tasty, fresh out of the oven.

#90-GTSC 04-28-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 (Post 38533)
We're parked in the main paddock, right be the start/finish line. Only truck conversion here. My son is running his '99 Vette, car number 833. They're charging a $5 spectator fee to get in. He's got a few more run sessions today. Then same thing 2morrow. It's just open track lapping. Lot's of different cars running. It would be fun to meet you here. Track shuts down at 1745 hrs. And we have to pull the rig outside the gate to camp overnight because they didn't staff for overnight camping.

Midwest F Body track day. We're planning on come up on Sunday morning. Too much rain today!

Bob86ZZ4 05-01-2012 01:34 PM

Great to meet #90. And hang out at the track for the day. Thanks a ton for getting us some important information regarding circle track time so my son can get some practice there.

Made it back to MN and got the truck all tucked back into the shop for awhile.

ed s 05-09-2012 04:24 PM

Just came back form Carlisles, PA as well, week and a half.
Bob, if I was home I would have come to see you in Elkhart, live about 45 min away.

Busy cleaning rig after messy weather.

bushpilot 05-09-2012 04:53 PM

in the Front Royal Va area now, heading to Savannah via VaTech & JR Cigars (statesville, nc) tomorrow.

Warpath 05-10-2012 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was in Erie, Pa then over to Akron, Oh and will be heading to Bald Eagle Valley in Pa next week.

How about posting pictures of your rig in all of these places. I love pictures and I really love pictures of conversions.

bushpilot 05-10-2012 11:14 PM

parked in savannah (red gate rv "resort") - is a bit primative but still very nice and only 6 miles from the historic district.

we knocked out about 650 miles today...5am departure w/ a 530p arrival...im pooped but looking forward to doing very little tomorrow.

pictures will be coming soon.

hot rod 05-11-2012 11:36 AM

Will be in Pigeon Forge, TN Wednesday - Saturday for the F100 Nationals.

F-100 Supernationals Lodging

ed s 05-11-2012 06:32 PM

Will be taking the rig to Title Town (Green Bay) in the AM

Doc Weaver 05-11-2012 07:49 PM

Tomorrow we'll start the second leg of this tour. From Shreveport Louisiana to Branson Missouri. Another week before I get to go home .... the land based home.

bushpilot 05-12-2012 05:18 PM

We leave savannah in the morning west bound via i95 & i10 for houston....we'll get on the road by 9 & complete this run in just a couple of stops for the dog & humans - should easily make it by midnight.

https://www.truckconversion.net/attac...622b9a19c5.jpg

Dragonslayer140 05-13-2012 01:16 PM

Next Friday we are off on our trip to visit some of the Conversion factories. Michelle and I are combining this with a vacation/road trip, so we are going to be hitting as many states as we can (We geocache so trying to get at least one cache in as many states as possible) and we just love to road trip.

I have listed our general route below, and If anyone has suggestions or recommendations of conversion dealers or the like that might be close to our route and worth visiting, please let us know. (surprisingly the couple of dealers I have tried to contact off of racing junk do not seem interested in selling anything judging from the lack of response) Also if anyone is along our route and has a conversion they would like to show off, we would love to meet you. I have years of experience with big rigs, but Michelle does not have any, so even though she is all for stepping up to a conversion from our class C, it is hard for her to comprehend the differences. I think seeing as many different rigs as we can will help her (and me) narrow down what we really want.

We will be flying into Chicago early Friday morning (18th), and then working our way east to Ohio to visit the shop from American Pickers, and the Iowa 80 chrome shop/truck stop. Then south to Saint Louis for a Paddle wheel dinner cruise and to go up the arch. From there we will be heading further south visiting Hawk Engineering in Missouri, and probably down to the Memphis Tn area.

From there working our way north east toward Indianapolis an up to Visit Lake Erie. The last couple of days will be spent in the Elkhart area where we have arrangements to visit Showhauler, Renegade and Haulmark. Based on input from Gordy, we are hoping to visit NRC also. Will also trying to visit some of the Surplus RV stores in case we decide to build our own, or finish a completed shell. Finally on Sat the 26th we will board Amtrak from Chicago back to Everett, WA.

Dave

bushpilot 05-14-2012 09:08 AM

1050 miles and we arrived home (1am monday morning)....tired from the single day's run from savannah, but it was the price we were willing to pay to have an EXTRA day/night in savannah !

over 4k miles in a little more than a week - PHEW, im worn OUT !

#90-GTSC 05-14-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonslayer140 (Post 38677)
We will be flying into Chicago early Friday morning (18th), and then working our way east to Ohio to visit the shop from American Pickers, and the Iowa 80 chrome shop/truck stop. Then south to Saint Louis for a Paddle wheel dinner cruise and to go up the arch. From there we will be heading further south visiting Hawk Engineering in Missouri, and probably down to the Memphis Tn area.

Something doesn't jive here. The American Pickers shop is in Iowa, near the Mississippi River I think. "working our way east to Ohio to visit the shop from American Pickers".

Did you mean working your way west to Iowa?