Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 04-10-2004, 06:36 PM   #1

This weekend I decided to do a little clean up in the bin that houses my waste and water. Here is what is going on.

1. This is the macerator pump from the RV Sani-Con unit. I removed it from the enclosure that is provided which allowed me to mount it up and out of the way. The pump actually sucks the tank clean so it does not matter that I have it higher than the inlet. I also twisted the hose slightly to keep it from hanging down and it also keep a positive lock on the 3" fitting.

2. This is the gray water bypass hose. You simply open the gay valve and the water from the tank will bypass the pump so you do not need to run the pump multiple times during a outing to drain the gray tank.

3. This is the outlet hose with shut off valve for the system. When your down shut the valve off screw the drip cap on and you don't have to worry about a linking hose in the bin.

4. This is extra hose, I have 2 12 footers here and the 10' on the system now so I can reach some very far dump spots. Another nice feature of the macerator is that it pumps the waste up to 20' above the pump and 350' away. On the shutoff valve there is a 3/4" hose connection so you can add a standard garden hose to the system for the extra long dumps to a septic system or a city sewer connection.

5. I remotely mounted the on/off switch for the pump. This is normally on the enclosure that comes with the system.

6. This is a unrelated item to the system, this is a industrial grade fresh water hose reel. It is spring retractable, so no power required to operate this.

7. I added a antibacterial soap dispenser. The is great because although I am not handling a open sewer hose, it is nice clean up after storing everything, and you just never know what you touched. This is a waterless product hospital grade.

So that is the run down, and you can see, I have left all of the original connections (nothing hard plumbed in) for the sewer and water system so that I can change out any system at any time.

Macerator System, water reel and electric reels can be purchased at www.rvupgrades.com

Bill

Old 04-20-2004, 01:01 PM   #2

I have a macerator on my boat and trust me....don't let anyone drop anything with a string attached to it down the potty or will will have a fun day of disassembly ahead!
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote