Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Truck Conversion General Discussions (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/)
-   -   Lights and TV (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/lights-tv-7457/)

samcrimm 09-15-2015 08:55 PM

Lights and TV

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the turn light on the drivers side of my rig, I not found the the teardrop shape Yet, Bob and Bushpilot help me with my clearance, have these to find? Any help beside Freightliner?

TV: what antenna set up is everyone using? I have a Roadstar that I am not sure is digital yet, ( to be figured out) I have read the reviews on the digital ones and they are not the best. I am also looking at the King Jack with the build in meter ( good reviews)... but you have to cut a hole thru the roof....I don't want to do that! is there a motorized one out there that works?

Thanks

Sam

bushpilot 09-16-2015 09:25 AM

LIGHTS: Ive got the same ones. I found LED replacements at a local truck chrome shop - i couldn't find them on-line.

ANTENNAs: I have the Winegard Road Star RS2000 - its like ANY antenna will pick up Over The Air - you do NOT need a special antenna to pick up OTA Digital TV (DTV).

the batwings and jack antennas have to be pointed - and may need to be re-aimed overtime you change to a different station... the batwings & jack have longer range and can pick up station further away.

the RoadStar (round) antennas are omni-directional & never have to be aimed or pointed, just turn it on and let your digital ready tv (or your digital to analog converter) scan/find & programs the station list.

MY experience w/ the RoadStar RS2000 is that the range is pretty good - and certainly good enough for most camping....i am more than 30 miles from the Houston Broadcast transmitter antennas and i get a great signal (even when the coach is in my METAL storage building), if I'm in a remote area i don't believe ANYTHING is really going to work well (unless you pick have a tower).

I use TWO OTA HDTV websites -

Antenna Web - will provide you with the DISTANCE & Direction of the HDTV Broadcast transmitters and it will tell you what direction (in degrees) - i find that you can get different results, depending on if you use just he location zip code or the actual location address.

TitanTV - is the equivalent of a realtime (and future) TV Guide / Program Guide or Channel Program list of whats on TV, right now....you just type in your zipcode or address & select the option for what broadcast provider you're using....cable, satellite or OTA.

BOTH of these websites or APPS have mobile options (for your phone)....great for when traveling & they'll even use your "present" location (if you enable "location based services" for the apps).

Ive attached a the screen shot image/map & station listing (the results from AntennaWeb).

https://www.truckconversion.net/attac...c2c2c31d92.png

bushpilot 09-16-2015 09:45 AM

I should ADD -

regarding TitanTV - if you create an account it will save your settings & you can save multiple locations (if you frequent different broadcast areas).

regarding the LED LIGHTS - if you want me to go by the shop to figure out who makes them and how much they are, just let me know - i can also pick up a pair if you'll pay for them and the shipping.

samcrimm 09-16-2015 10:36 AM

Thanks for the TV infor! as for the lights please buy them for me, and tell me what the shipping etc is, and I can get you your money any way you want it. my address
Sam Crimm II
15162 State Route 30
Spencer, TN 38585

Thanks a ton!

Sam

bushpilot 09-16-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samcrimm (Post 44321)
Thanks for the TV infor! as for the lights please buy them for me, and tell me what the shipping etc is, and I can get you your money any way you want it.

Thanks a ton!

Sam

Ill get by there later this morning or this afternoon - expect a picture of them (assuming theyre in stock).

bushpilot 09-16-2015 11:50 AM

sam - dropped you a PM (private message) - check it and let me know.