Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #1

Default Interior ceiling removal (how do i)

Im wondering if anyone here can tell me how or IF i can remove my interior ceiling "panel" - the picture below is representative of my "padded ceiling"...and id like to do something similar to whats in the photo.

I'll need to investigate access & where i can place the outlet and where i can mount the tv.

heres my ceiling -

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:37 AM   #2

Oh my, that's kind of a neat install. Looks like it would be hard to do afterwards. What about taking the cover off your a/c unit and see if you can flex the panel down enough to push a metal fish tape over toward the corner and see how far it goes? Maybe take that duct opening down too and see if you can get to that and then further toward the corner? The other (and maybe bigger) problem might be hanging the tv from the ceiling? I recently mounted a 32" l.e.d tv on the wall in my bedroom. The original tv was a small tube mounted in a corner cabinet. I was lucky to have the medicine cabinet on the other side of the wall. I used long bolts and put a flat steel panel inside the back wall of the medicine cabinet. Nylock nuts so I didn't have to tighten them a ton and they won't loosen up. I was lucky having the original location right next to it so just ran the cord and antenna wires across the back of the cabinet and through the side to behind the new tv. Might you be able to mount the tv bracket to the wall like I did and then hopefully you can fish the power over from the a/c unit? I think the a/c circuit should not have a problem powering the tv too. Don't know if it would cause rf interference?

Old 08-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #3

for me, id want the opposite corner (foot of the bed) - and expect that i can leverage a tie in, to an existing outlet on the other side of the (bathroom) wall.

that is an interesting idea of using the ac power for the outlet/tv connection too.
it would give me the option to mount the flat screen over the bedroom window & center/foot of the bed, instead of in the corner.

it looks like the flat screen in that picture is mounted to the (outside) wall, i don't care where its mounted to...i just want to be certain that where ever the tv is mounted to a stud or something that can handle the load.

mine is mounted in the "closet" (rear slide out) - the angle is poor & it robs space form the wardrobe "closet"...my flat screen was probably mounted in its present (wardrobe) locations because the tube/tv was very likely there too.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #4

the same screws that hold the AC cover, ducts, & lights probably secure the panel to the roof as well.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyg View Post
the same screws that hold the AC cover, ducts, & lights probably secure the panel to the roof as well.
where ARE the screws then ?? cause i can tell you there are no screws holding the duct work in and the A/C chill grill screws do NOT have anything to do with the padded ceiling panels.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:02 PM   #6

Its hard to see from the photos. What holds the round vents into the ceiling? If you remove the large cover from the AC are there other screws hidden under it? The maybe ceiling screws hidden under the light fixtures as well. I'm not familiar with Haulmark's construction methods but the panels my be glued to the roof. I'll look at the ceiling in my NRC tomorrow to see if I get any ideas.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #7

the vents are a press fit.

the a/c chill-grill is held up by 4 screws - the screws hold nothing else in place and there are no other screws (other then the 4 that clamp the a/c compressor unit to the roof).