Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-09-2005, 11:40 AM   #1

I know I have not been around much, peek in from time to time, but have been slaving away on the new rig as well as getting a few outings in over the last 2 months.

We are leaving for a week and half to the U.P. of Michigan tomorrow for some R&R and sight seeing.

I have been putting the M2 through it's paces and really did that a few weeks ago in the mountains of West Virgina. Not use to the automatic quite yet I smoked the brakes on the way into Seneca Rocks. With some huge long grades and behind a real slow truck I should have manually down shifted the trannie to get even more engine braking. Anyway, on the way out we used that technique and had no issues with over heated brakes. The motor gets stronger and stronger on every outing, still no hot rod, we fared pretty well in the mountains. Depending on how things go over the next few thousand break in miles, I might take it in and have it wicked up to the 330 hp.

Other than a few minor issues that I have encountered with the motorhome, I absolutely love this thing. The ride is awesome, cab is super quiet, love the big windshield, great maneuverability and awesome the layout.

I have done about 20 plus mod's to this thing so far, everything from adding mud flaps to a electric lift on the bed. Never realized how much I did to the old one till I had to setup this one up with everything the old one use to have.

Old 08-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #2

Man that rig looks Sharp!!!!!

Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:26 PM   #3

......" electric lift on the bed"....is that an age related issue or early exaustion-you are referring to?....geofkaye.....truck looks real nice but for 175k is should be outstanding.......
Old 08-10-2005, 07:45 AM   #4

Bill;
That is one trick looking unit, I should be heading to Middlebury next weekend to pick up a load of stuff from Lonnie, I will send some photos of my Toter to Garage later.
Have fun, that really looks good.
Richard
Old 08-10-2005, 08:33 AM   #5

Here is a newer shot with the chrome visor

I also lowered the bottom step on the fuel tanks to be inline with the rest of the motorhome box. There is a large gap between the cab and the fuel tanks which I filled with a piece of polished stainless. Obviously you can see my 6" exhaust hanging out, actually a bit to far since I have rubbed it on the way into the toll booths. I actually ground it back a bit and it looks much better.

The bed lift is to access all the space under the bed. I used a 250 lb linear actuator with remote. Now we have a place to put the dirty clothes baskets, and it is easy to check out exactly how much water is in the fresh tank.

I also added; a automatic toilet chemical dispenser, central vacuum, power management system, macerator pump system and automatic grey & black valves. In the cab I added Cobra remote CB (which is o.k., but nothing like my old Texas Ranger) XM satellite radio and Magellan's lastest and greatest Roadmate 760 GPS (which has over 7 million POI's)

Not much else to do to it but use it.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:39 AM   #6

HEY,

in my opinon it looks outstanding!!

Hey Kaye, nothing good to say. then don't even reply. Almost every time you post, it's a negative, either aimed at a person or their rig. Enough. I hope when you finally post your pictures, your rig is perfect and costs only a few dollars given to you by the dancers. I was brought up if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:12 PM   #7

Having this rig in my driveway would NEVER get a complaint from me.....
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Camping Dutchman:
HEY,

Hey Kaye, nothing good to say. then don't even reply. Almost every time you post, it's a negative, either aimed at a person or their rig. Enough. I hope when you finally post your pictures, your rig is perfect and costs only a few dollars given to you by the dancers. I was brought up if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut.
shoepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by shoepeg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Camping Dutchman:
HEY,

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
shoepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:04 AM   #10

.....dutchman....may I suggest 60mg. PROZAC. We can cure your rage problem with drugs these days....almost any Doc can Dx/Rx you.....You will feel better about yourself and won't have the insistant need to control others so much.....have a happy life....geofkaye
Old 08-11-2005, 12:25 AM   #11

....BY the way dutchman are you the newly appointed Moderator now of the TruckConversion.net forum....I don't remember anything announced about this....and I really doubt that I'd miss a post cuz I really like to take cheap shots at Gary Atzma.....Also what is Trendsetter Coach is it a motorhome or a Conversion?....I never heard of one around here.....geofkaye
Old 08-11-2005, 05:00 AM   #12

Kaye,

you need to check the forum more. Was made a moderator back in May. Guess you missed that one. For the record I have no need to control anyone. But as a avid reader of this forum, I felt that your negative comments and unconstructive criticism of other members has gone on to long. Your comments and unhelpful ramblings detract from the true purpose of this forum. As far as a trendsetter, you might want to look closer. That is the name of United Specialties coach unit. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to set up a private chat. I think that this thread needs to get back to checking out warpaths hard work.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:34 PM   #13

OK, OK, stow the weapons guys; we don't need any further bloodshed around here.......
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #14

....so.... what happened to Jim Gehlen?....You all have me worried! He is THE ONE that started me down this path[conversion or Volvo's for towing] maybe 3-4 years ago and the last I heard he was trying to build up THIS forum....or discusssion group or whatever it is known as.....He is on my addy list as a supplier of Direct View/Way/something like that-that has something to do with internet hooked to a sat-linked system? Truly thought he was still the point man. Sorry-if I offended you feelings- you, like some others don't recognize my dry humor at times- I should rephrase that: It's a dark humor by the way!....Comes from clinical treating of alcoholic/addicts for 30+ years while teaching highschool/vocational school and running a diverse business.....I'm a work-a-holic[the good addiction] myself so I recognize a certain attitude/tone/choice of words in others.....which is a instant "tell" about the psyche/inclinations/addictions of others....kinda like having the script to a play before the players start scene 1....It is a great advantage....I know where all the buttons to push are......geofkaye
Old 08-13-2005, 04:11 AM   #15

Bill,
How deep is your bedroom slide? I am really interested to see this "electric bed". Do you have info on it or pictures? As my water tank is not under the bed I have tons of space that I would like to be able to use.
Great looking Truck!! Where did you get your chrome visor?
Thanks
Wick
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 06:16 PM   #16

My two bits,

Warpath, beauty rig there. Love the clean body lines on it, plus how "flat" the workmanship is. Eager to see pics of the inside. Very impressive.

Coming from a guy who adds up the numbers on thsese things, I would say that you stop telling people you paid 175k for it and start telling people you paid 350k for it, cuz based on what I've seen, thats what its worth in my books. Not too mention the creature comforts you've added.

What do you use the macerator for? I considered puting one in my RV so I could pump out to a protable tank when I'm boon docking for extended periods, or do you just use it to make it easier at the sani-dump.

Jess