Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #1

Default HDT Rally

I know this is pretty early, but was wondering if any of the T/C group was planning on attending the HDT rally in Hutchinson, KS?

It seems geared for toters but do any of you attend?

Just trying to make plans for the year, work full time so have to plan vacation time.

Carsten

Old 01-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #2

MrsBob86ZZ4 and I went to the last one. We had a great time. We were the only t/c tho. The vast majority were class 8 tractors pulling 5th wheels. We went because I wanted to check out the cool big trucks/trailers. And I wanted to put the Kansas sticker on my US sticker map. For us the main thing was the social aspect. Met lots of great people and got some new friends for my facebook. We're likely to go back next, no wait it's this year now.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #3

Thanks for the info Bob. I will try to make it this year.

By the way, you live in my old neck of the woods. I was raised in Columbia Heights and lived in Roseville and New Brighton after I got out of the service.
Have lived in Texas for the past 16 years, came here for a job. My parents still live in Coon Rapids.

I would be good to meet you at the rally.

Carsten
Old 01-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #4

Cool, small world. I live in St. Paul, Roseville is a suburb of St. Paul, borders the north edge of town (for the others reading this).

They have a great rally tho. Very well organized. Lots of good topic seminars to attend. Excellent top notch facility too. The Kansas State Fairgrounds has a great campground. We attended several of the seminar sessions and learned a bunch of stuff. They aren't all about hdt'ing (actually most of them are about other things related to camping and fulltiming I guess). There are a couple of big time tourist attractions too. The salt mine and the space center. We did the salt mine tour, that was a good time. This year we're planning to do that space tour thing. That's said to be well worth the price of admission. Every day is 4:00 pm happy hour. You just wander into a group of happy hourers and strike up a conversation. I bet most of the attendees are full timers. We're still worker bees but in a few years intend to do almost full timing so it was very helpful for us to find out more about that too.