Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #1

Default Hay Bushpilot, how about this for a deleted post:

So, I almost never go on rv.net. But, the other day I saw somebody had started a thread asking about a Super C built on a Volvo chassis. Here's the thread: RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Haulmark Super C

So I decided to make this post:

Posted: 05/16/15 02:25pm Link | Quote | Edit | Print | Notify Moderator
I don't think I've ever seen a "Super C" Volvo chassis. I've seen plenty of "Truck Conversions" built on Volvo heavy duty truck (Class 7/8) chassis.

'03 United Specialties truck conversion built on Freightliner FL112 chassis, Cat C-12 motor, 10 speed autoshift, 430h/p, 1650 torque, love the truck conversion.

I have had problems with the moderators over there deleting my posts without any explanation. So, I checked back on that thread and my post is gone! I had copied that text and sent it to myself to preserve it since I was guessing the moderator would delete it. How do you think that post is a violation deserving deletion? I think I'll call that rotten jerk marcus lemonis and give him a piece of my mind. Ya right. Bunch of rotten jerks over there. Just thought you guys here should see how they treat anybody that mentions the words "Truck Conversion" over there.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:12 AM   #2

That's why I don't go there........

jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:40 AM   #3

And why I almost never go there. They are a bunch of hating jerks on Truck Conversions. I sent a private message to the C moderator, ronfisherman, asking what I did wrong and why my post was deleted. Here is his lying response:

Sent: 05/17/15 03:57am
Subject: RE: my post was deleted, why?
On RV.NET we do not have a Conversion forum. So they all go under the Super C forum. Your statement was questioning where it belongs on RV.NET.
Best
Ronfisherman.

Really!? I wasn't questioning anything. I was simply clarifying that I don't think Volvo has a Super C chassis. Clearly ronfisherman, and all the rest of them over there, don't accept that a Truck Conversion is different than a Super C. One more reason to change channels when that jerk marcus lemonis comes on with his crappy tv show. I guess I shouldn't say it's a crappy show since I have never, and would never, watch it since he hates Truck Conversions. He is the owner of rv.net in case anybody missed that.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:43 AM   #4

Maybe they should check wikipedia for recreational vehicle descriptions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ional_vehicles
Old 05-17-2015, 10:49 AM   #5

couple of full timers that are moderators from what i can tell & they get pretty picky about
posts that counter their opinions or experiences.

they were talking about buying base plates (for a toad) the other day - and one of the moderators was against it because the mfg didnt sell them or warranty them - i replied -

of course not, because they don't make money selling used parts....he deleted my post !
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #6

i go over there to TRY and help - but i mostly go to DISPEL their opinions about how pushers are the end all be all for power reliability.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
i go over there to TRY and help - but i mostly go to DISPEL their opinions about how pushers are the end all be all for power reliability.
Oh, burst my bubble.......I was going to make one into the best fifth wheel toter ever

Bob, funny thing is you never questioned which forum it should be in. Some guys ____ are so small they get offended quickly. A good mod would not get bent out of shape, move it or leave it. Deleting a post is rarely justified. Usually a little editing, at the most, does the trick.

Glass to see this place is not only civil, but everyone has on their big boy panties B-)
Old 05-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #8

Quote:
I have tried to "assist" others there too, but unfortunately my experience is the same as others........ As a forum owner I can't understand the mentality there......
Old 05-18-2015, 10:13 AM   #9

How about on another RV forum where one person tries to portray themselves as a commercial driver and claims the reason you can't idle the newer diesel engines is because there is not enough oil flow and the turbo will be run dry....
Old 05-18-2015, 10:41 AM   #10

I gave up on the escapee's a long time ago.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:31 PM   #11

I don't mind the Escapee's hdt forum. I did have quite a fight with one of the guys there but I printed out that whole thread before they deleted it. And I'd be happy to show that to anybody that thinks I did something wrong.

I haven't encountered any hatred from them toward Truck Conversions. Sure have gotten a lot of hate from rv.net though.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #12

The guy that claimed oil pressure problems idling was on Irv2. I go there to read, but find it harder and harder to post. I even had a guy tell me something was wrong with my mechanical 5.9 because it can smoke......
Old 05-18-2015, 08:18 PM   #13

At least Irv2 has a Truck Conversion section. I like that. It's not very active but at least they seem to believe that a T/C is different than a C, unlike rv.net. The moderator of the C section told me that a T/C is pretty much the same as a C so there is no need for a separate section. Here's one of the messages he sent me about it:

The reality is that there is a forum for large truck conversions .. It is the super C section of the class C forum...The reality is that most class C's are truck conversions... The Super C section is intended to cover the larger truck conversions...

JohnnyT Moderator

Reeeeaaalllyyy JohnnyT!!? You come tell all the guys with T/C's that we're just driving around in a C. I don't think so.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:22 PM   #14

Yea, but he's a MODERATOR.... He knows everything.....well, almost everything. After all there is just a slight difference between a super C and a conversion.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:05 PM   #15

there seemed be a lot of arguing on escapes & a lot of self appointed experts.

there are a few people on escapees that are worshiped like gods - and i don't know why...
its like what ever they say is gold & anything other than that is crap.

all of these coaches (even the highest end) are a bunch of piece parts - but you cant tell that to some folks on either forum (except here).
Old 05-19-2015, 04:47 PM   #16

Quote:
snip:

all of these coaches (even the highest end) are a bunch of piece parts - but you cant tell that to some folks on either forum (except here).
Take it from a guy that's been a full timer for 17 out of the last 20 years, that does all of his own maintenance.
There is much truth in what bushpilot says.
I get a kick out of it when, say a dometic part fails and people start taking bad about their Fleetwood.........

Quote:
there are a few people on escapees that are worshiped like gods - and i don't know why...
its like what ever they say is gold & anything other than that is crap.
What? Didn't you know that having a high post count means you know what you're talking about? Saying otherwise is sacrilegious! /sarcasm.

I love the "don't idle your diesel or the oil pressure will drop" bit, that's funny.
Be careful you don't foul out your spark plugs too

This place and "the diesel garage" are some of the few sane places left.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:42 PM   #17

I agree with you all, there is definitely a lot of confusion and misinformation on truck conversions.

I think a lot of the problems arise from we are generally pretty knowledgeable of the design and mechanics of our T/C and do much of our own work or repairs, whereas on many of the RV forums the discussion is which dealer to buy from or where to take for service. Just a different level of involvement.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:26 PM   #18

Ive heard folks on other forums CLAIM that their coach had SOLID wood (oak etc) / cabinets & furniture.....what they don't know is that our conversation trucks have solid wood cabinets too...

I think its more an issue of - they just don't know what they don't know and their thinking is that only pusher coaches are nice.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #19

The lack of knowledge is something most of us can work through. It is the ones that *THINK* they know that cause the problems because they won't even try to see things from another perspective.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:30 AM   #20

I think that ronfisherman and JohnnyT need to be reprimanded. I just sent an email through marcusvip@goodsamfamily.com which is what comes up when you first go to rv.net where marcus lemonis claims he wants to be contacted by anybody with concerns. Here is the text of my email:

To whom it may concern (not that I actually believe anybody there is concerned about this, but it's worth a try),

Quite some time ago I started a discussion in the rv.net forum asking about the possibility of a sub forum addressing the "Truck Conversion" chassis rv. My forum user name is "Bob86ZZ4." The forums have 9 different sections for various types of campers but no section dedicated to "Truck Conversions." Please see the wikipedia "recreational vehicle" definition for an explanation of what a "Truck Conversion" is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ional_vehicles . I was attacked by many, including the moderators that go by the name "ronfisherman" and "JohnnyT." These moderators were extremely rude on your public forums. They said that a "Truck Conversion" is just a large Class C and fits into the "Super C" section of your forums. Many T/C owners and others commented that a T/C is actually a distinct type of chassis/rv and does merit it's own section. There are other rv forums that do have distinct sections for T/C's (iRV2 Forum | - RV Forum Community and RV News, Escapee's RV Network, and Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community - Powered by vBulletin come to mind). I believe having a section of your forums for T/C's would benefit the users of your forums. Your moderators simply refused to allow the discussion of the topic, editing posts, deleting posts, and eventually locking the thread and deleting it. Since then other users have started threads similar to mine which have also been locked and deleted. Your moderators told me in a private message that there is no interest in such a forums section for T/C's. Clearly that is not the case. Recently a thread was started here: Escapees Discussion Forum I posted a reply in that thread and within an hour that reply was deleted. I had saved the reply in case it was deleted and here is the text of my reply: Posted: 05/16/15 02:25pm Link | Quote | Edit | Print | Notify Moderator
I don't think I've ever seen a "Super C" Volvo chassis. I've seen plenty of "Truck Conversions" built on Volvo heavy duty truck (Class 7/8) chassis.

Clearly my reply was not in any violation of forum rules. I sent a private message to moderator "ronfisherman" asking why my post was deleted and here is his response:
Sent: 05/17/15 03:57am
Subject: RE: my post was deleted, why?
On RV.NET we do not have a Conversion forum. So they all go under the Super C forum. Your statement was questioning where it belongs on RV.NET.
Best
Ronfisherman.

Clearly I was not "...questioning where it belongs on RV.NET." I was simply clarifying what type of chassis the thread starter was looking for. I (and many other T/C owners I've talked to) truly believe that a T/C is a distinct and separate type of chassis and deserves to have a forum dedicated to it just as the other 9 forum sections (on rv.net) are dedicated to their type of chassis. Your moderators refusal to even allow discussion of this is clearly contrary to a friendly environment open to all types of recreational vehicle users. I sincerely hope your forum administration considers adding a chassis section for T/C's and doing so will certainly do a lot to promote a more welcome environment.

Anybody think I'll get a reply to that?