Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #1

...a grand mother got flying lessons today!....her son's RV wasn't grounded and the dam thing was hot!.....guess she will be alright...78 years old and just learning how to not enter a ungrounded vehicle in bare wet feet....and a son that should have tested the grounding before he let his family around the vehicle-[he is out of the will effective immediately ;&gt] powered near a RV hook up POWER POST IN A STATE RUN PARK!......50 amps will kill you quickly! It is too late of find fault after the fact and she reportedly literally flew back about 15 feet....wasn't there myself but a family that lives near me told of the incident this evening.....MAKE SURE YOU ARE GROUNDED PROPERLY.....you can become the neutral and /or the hot wire with out much trouble....and it will be a pizzer!.....geofkaye

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #2

What is the best way to test this? I am having my conversion wired up, the guy is a licensed electrician, but I would imagine the fellow that wired that grandmas RV up was licensed also.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #3

......BASICALLY A MULTI-METER AND A LONG PIECE OF WIRE...HOOK WIRE TO RV METAL-WITH GOOD CONTACT!.... AND PUT THE METER BETWEEN THE LOOSE END AND THE POWER PEDESTAL GROUND POST...IF ANY READING YOU ARE NOT GROUNDED!.....THE READING I TOOK AT THE PARK WAS 117vac....DAM THAT HAD TO HURT AT 78!.....HELL IT HURT ME AT 64 AND I WASN'T GROUNDED ONLY ACTING LIKE THE GROUND WIRE.....geofkaye [aka "flash"]
Old 06-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #4

...or put your tongue on the wire and touch the ground....even a small voltage leak will alert you instantly < 1.5 vdc or more .....with a loud scream!....geofkaye ;&gt
Old 06-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #5

Geo,...You might find a good job with the CIA,...the voltage test sounds way better than waterboarding.
Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:32 PM   #6

....I was with Military Intelligence in the 70's but we just took care of the problem then....didn't bother with pranks and posturing a lot....cutting off a finger every once in a while will get the same result....of just start shooting one after another down the line is effective also......geof