Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-27-2005, 05:36 PM   #1

Hello everyone! I'm new to the community and shopping for a toterhome/trailer setup for the first time. Found this unit on ebay; http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=45711...TRK%3AMEWA%3AI T&rd=1 I need your inputs in determine it's value and what to watch out for when shopping for a toterhome similar to this one. What's the life expectancy of the engine and other mechanical parts? What should I expect in terms of repairs and maintenace for a s imilar unit for the next 3-5 years? Your input is much appreciated and thank you in advace!!!

AlmsR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:01 PM   #2

This guy's messed up! There's no such thing as a Kat(I know, Cat) 4146 motor. 3116 or 3126, maybe. If this guy can't even tell what motor he has, how do you know how accurate the rest of the spec is? Also, The horsepower starts at 175 with the 3116. The actual rating is not given. Why not? This unit might be grossly under powered. If I were you I would do MUCH more investigating before even considering it for purchase. The owner seems to know what's all in the coach, but doesn't even have a freakin' clue what motor he has. If you're still interested, do a LOT more checking on what it actually is. That way you'll know even more than the owner does about his own rig!

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:18 PM   #3

.....I'd run down this weekend and look into it for you but I'm heading for a Military show and can't head to Louisville this weekend.....looks like a good deal BUT check it out yourself before you commit....4146 could be just because his glasses slipped and he didn't catch it.....happens to me all the time....geofkaey
Old 08-27-2005, 10:32 PM   #4

Thanks for the feebacks. I intend to do further investigation on the unit but I'm located approximately 500 miles north of Kentucy. I guess what I'm looking for are some general ideas about the re-sale value of units similar to this one. What would you guys pay if everything checks out ok and assuming it's a 3126 Cat motor? Thanks again.
AlmsR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:58 PM   #5

IMHO; no
very nice rig and looks to be in great shape but i think Gary is right: grossly underpowered
as a ex MDT owner i would highly recomend you to look at something with more "balls" ...like a HDT.
the Kodiac cab is just a pickup cab (designed for local delivery).it does not even come close to the ride comfort of a HDT (designed for 10+ h a day driver comfort)
unless you live in a very flat area and drive only short distance i would skip it.
do you know the Racing Junk classifieds?
-in the shop: Pete "38
spooner is offline   Reply With Quote