Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-13-2005, 05:06 PM   #1

Just thought I'd let you know how your hard earned tax money is being wasted, by a few members of the Sheriffs Dept, who are supposed to be protecting us by catching criminals, but instead are fluffing their ticket books and tying up the court sytems with frivolous matters.

I was walking my dog, saw some dog poop, picked it up the walked to the center divider that is 8 feet wide on a commercial street which is covered with dirt and weeds, shown here:

http://truckconversion.net/photopost....php?photo=692

I put the poop down, covered it with dirt so it could dry out and breakdown and walked away. Technician H happened to be driving by and must have reported it to Deputy J via radio. Guess they are all watching for me...

Nobody walks on this dirt center divider and the poop breaks down and dries out quickly in the sun. It's a better option than putting it in a landfill.

Deputy J who really, really, really, dislikes me, because I have a larger than normal truck and he says it blocks the view of people leaving the driveway even though I'm about 100 feet away from it...he decieded that I should be cited...

I'm still dreaming of owning a Class 8. Can't wait to see his behavior once I start parking a Class 8 on the street in place of my smaller truck. Maybe give a few blasts of the air horns as I drive by and wave to him...?

Keep in mind that the Deputy and the technician parked their vehicles, with the two drivers side tires on the center divider dirt, causing the morning commute traffic to swerve or change lanes...While their two vehicles were parked, they both got out searched the ground for the alleged "dog poop dumping" for 10 mins or so.

There conversation probablly went like this:

"Uh Technician H, do you see the alleged dog poop?

No sir, Sergeant J. Don't see it at this moment. Should I keep looking.

Yes Technician H. Keep looking. We need to cite that man for this incident. How dare him leave dog poop on this section of dirt that nobody ever walks on...

Yes sir Sergeant. I'll keep looking for the dog poop sir."

So after 30 mins of tying up 2 deputies and 1 technician, he has his subordinate cite me for "dumping on public property".

An interesting thing that occurred just prior to the citation, I cleaned up somebody else's dog poop that was on the sidewalk and threw it the ivy that is used for ground cover just to get it off the public sidewalk.

This is the same high crime area where I volunteer my time to track criminals who burglarize cars by smashing out their windows...I have never recieved recognition for my efforts to stop crime. I don't expect it and prefer to operate without bureacracy.

So now I'll have to enter the court system and see what happens. The matter will most likely be dropped if you make an appearance in front of the judge, but it takes months to even get a court date.

Keep in mind, the Deputy has one year to process the ticket. I will have to go to the clerks counter about every 30 days for one year to see if it's in court system, which it probablly won't be. And if you miss a court date that you don't know about, they can issue a warrant and arrest you, impound your rig and put you in jail until you post bail or have a court date. More wasted taxpayers money.

So this is a fine example of how your hard earned tax dollar is being wasted by a couple of Deputies who rather fluff their books instead of catching real criminals.

I've filed charges of harassment and wasting the taxpayers money with the internal affairs office but the way it works is that if they didn't shoot you and their is no video of gross negligence, the officers are innocent.

By the time this is all said and done, it will probablly have cost thousands of dollars in adminstration fees through the writing of the ticket, the adminstration of the court system...

In the meantime, we've got hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens entering this country from Mexico every year and have Osama Bin Ladens, al Queda and Zarqawis group planning how to destroy our country with their suitcase nukes

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/.../12.html#recap

Wonder why this country is in so much trouble?

The answer lies with issues like what I'm going through.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:04 PM   #2

Most people have NO idea how much police misconduct and corruption goes on.

Problem is, it starts at the very top. I see it all the time in one particular aspect of police "services" in California: specialty gun permits that are at the sole discretion of police chiefs and sheriffs.

Examples:

http://www.equalccw.com/oaklandzen.html - seriously funny stuff...

http://www.equalccw.com/colafrancescopapers.pdf - a police report that'll blow your mind...

http://www.equalccw.com/fresnobee.html

The thing is...if the sheriff or police chief is visibly elitist (or worse, corrupt) with these permits, and whole departments often know they are, then what incentive do lower rank types have to play fair?

Jimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:46 PM   #3

......I learned to play the game....and I do quite often....they whinned about my truck and after 4.5 years issued a citation....I went to court and they dropped the charges because I was read y to sue them....all 9 of them for harrassment and a few other th ings...after all I grew up with these folks on council and I know who was with who in the 8th grade etc etc....now they are pizzed because I have shut off the $7800 in donations to all the projects in the community that I don't use....also I'm moving.....the house i s for rent to section 8 people so the property values will take a plung for 5 years on average......play the game the rules are the same for everyone........geofkaye
Old 07-13-2005, 09:56 PM   #4

The whole problem of police misconduct is eventually going to be solved by dirt cheap hidden cameras/microphones worn on-body that can record eight hours plus on a battery charge.

When enough people get fed up and start protesting in court with the video of what REALLY happened, things will change.

We're barely there now. A factory rebuilt RCA Lyra 2780 cost me $250 - it's a portable video recorder half the size of a paperback book with a 4" screen and 20gig hard disk. I'm scoring the hidden camera and mike next. All told I'll be into it for about $350.

When that gets cheaper, smaller and more "turnkey"...you've got the ultimate bad-cop-getter.
Jimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by KAYE RIVERCITY:
......I learned to play the game....and I do quite often....they whinned about my truck and after 4.5 years issued a citation....I went to court and they dropped the charges because I was read y to sue them....all 9 of them for harrassment and a few other th ings...after all I grew up with these folks on council and I know who was with who in the 8th grade etc etc....
In other words you new a lot about their personal lives that they would prefer to keep personal? Like who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?

Was you rig on the street or private property...?

All this crap is so frickin petty. Compared to what were facing if they light off a suitcase nuke or dirty bomb. And the dumb suckers are crazy enough to do it.
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimm:
The whole problem of police misconduct is eventually going to be solved by dirt cheap hidden cameras/microphones worn on-body that can record eight hours plus on a battery charge.

When enough people get fed up and start protesting in court with the video of what REALLY happened, things will change.
When the machines can be bolted to your body with the on/off switch unavailable, the cops bad behavior will be improved providing they can see the recording device. Until then, they can be real morons when they should be hunting down the local criminals.

I'm in favor of the cops being forced to wear a mini camera and audio device and the public having access to it if they feel mistreated.

Then things would change a bit for the better.