Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 12-18-2003, 02:33 PM   #1

I am a full time RVer with 4 children that are all in car seats. I pull a 40ft travel supreme and am needing to get a truck. I sold my ford f350 and am wanting to get a class 8 truck and have it converted. What is recommended? Can I put seats easily into these trucks in the sleeper? How tough is that conversion? Do you know anyone who does this type of conversion? I am a new member and any information you can help me with will be great.
Thanks
Herbie

herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 04:56 PM   #2

My first idea was to have the kids in the sleeper of my conversion. (I did a motorhome and not a toter) But ended up scrapping that idea due to a length problem.(Yes I ended up having to pull the 2 back seats and tear out all the work I did in the sleeper, long story) Anyway, it wasn't that tough, but did take some time.

Here is a few pics of the interior with the added air seats

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 07:10 PM   #3

Hu Herbie,

I think there is room in many traactor sleepers to install 4 child seats and seat belts across the bed frame after removing the mattress.

If you got a sleeper with a double bunk, you could still register it as a motorhome, because it would still have sleeping facilities.

onezman

http://onezman.tripod.com/yourrvhaulercom
onezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 09:09 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply. Should I then be looking for the double bunk trucks? Should I mainly be looking for volvos still? The 770 or 660 series? How difficult is it to remove the bottom bunk completely and put bench seats along the back and side? Is it possible to put a entrance door on the side or back of the sleeper? I would really like another entrance other then the front doors. Am I in for a long conversion process if I try to do this little by little or should I find someone who can do it all for the right price? Any suggestions on who to contact to do this for me? Thanks for your help.
Herbie
herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 12:10 PM   #5

There are a LOT of conversion outfits out there that do bus conversions. How about checking with some of them? Fellow that did our bus back in 1999 also did horse trailers with sleeping quarters for the owners, etc. This might be a way to go. Heck, these folks raise roofs on 40' coaches - stretch and lenthen them as well. Doing a make-over of a Class 8 tractor interior should be a pc of cake.

Also you could remove the bunk and install a large sofa/bed. Install seat belts for the four little guys chairs and you'll be in business. Another idea.

Just my $.02

don
Don in E Texas is offline   Reply With Quote