Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Truck Conversion General Discussions (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/)
-   -   changing a truck title to a rv tile (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/changing-truck-title-rv-tile-4174/)

bubbaoc 03-28-2004 03:07 PM

after you do your rv conversion on your truck.
what is the process in changing the title from a truck to a rv. thanks for any input.

Don in E Texas 03-28-2004 04:55 PM

Depends on what State you are registering your vehicle in. In Texas you need a simple form (available on=line) that describes what modifications were done, have it notarized, and present it to your local tax office - also some photo's. Not a big deal. I have not reg my truck as a motorhome - but my bus conversion was modified and title now is for a motorhome --- no problem getting title change for the bus.

What State are you in --- maybe someone that lives in your State can be of more help. (some States it appears you might have a problem changing from truck to motorhome)

don

bubbaoc 03-28-2004 05:44 PM

i live in maryland. i know that buying a used rv i have to have it inspected. i might have to do the same w/ a conversion. any members from maryland??

Reluyog(Damian) 03-28-2004 07:50 PM

If you run into trouble with your local department of motor vehicles in changing the title of a class 8 truck to be a motorhome, you might look this text over:

Effective Date Note: At 67 FR 79439, Dec. 27, 2002, Sec. 571.3(b)
was amended by adding the definition of ``motor home'', effective Dec.
27, 2004. For the convenience of the user, the added text is set forth
as follows:

Sec. 571.3 Definitions

(b) * * *

Motor home means a multi-purpose vehicle with motive power that is
designed to provide temporary residential accommodations, as evidenced
by the presence of at least four of the following facilities: Cooking;
refrigeration or ice box; self-contained toilet; heating and/or air
conditioning; a potable water supply system including a faucet and a
sink; and a separate 110-125 volt electrical power supply and/or an LP
gas supply.

The GPO web page for this section 571.3 under Title 49 can be seen here: Code of Federal Regulation Title 49, part 571

The Feds do require "uniformity" of title information based on US Code "National Title Information System" if that helps your case any ! Please note: the definition doesn't go into effect until Dec 04.

Good luck,
Damian

paul dunne 10-12-2012 09:44 AM

my name is paul has anyone in florida changed a title

MooseHaven 10-12-2012 01:53 PM

For Florida as long as you do not have a fifth wheel hitch mounted to the truck it can be registered as a motorhome.

CERTIFICATE OF TITLE REQUIREMENTS FOR RECREATIONAL
VEHICLES, MOBILE HOMES AND OFFICE TRAILERS TL-13 out lines what needs to be done. Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul dunne (Post 39331)
my name is paul has anyone in florida changed a title