Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-03-2006, 02:00 AM   #21

....the off the shelf auto start system for a 12,500 Onan is only $144....plug and play........geofkaye

Old 02-03-2006, 06:56 PM   #22

where do you find that??

Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:25 PM   #23

.....CUMMINS...they have Onan stuff!-get a dealer to get it for you and get a discount....usually 30-40% off out of stock off the shelf....I believe the wire is 12 foot or maybe 20 foot can't remember which now....or you can splice some 16ga in....it is 4-6 wires depending on model.....some have hour meter and some don't.....geof
Old 02-04-2006, 04:41 AM   #24

OK, what tells it to start though? Or do you just set times?

Thanks for the info
Old 02-04-2006, 06:18 AM   #25

it monitors the battery bank voltage or it can be told to start up at a particular time each day and can be programed around "quiet time".----- mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #26

Thank you, found one on the onan site for my generator, now will look into it... Last year we ran low on the coach batteries, started genny and all was fine, but would rather have it start before batteries get to that point
Old 02-04-2006, 09:08 PM   #27

....you don't have to go to the top shelf to get what you want if you do the recharge on a timed schedule.....get-up and start up.....shower-sh*t-shave-shut off.......go and play for the day. come home start-up after dinner-shut off- go to batt power before bed......this works as I'm either out and about or in and on the way to the sack after some reading......dog is exhausted and sleeps all nite on vacation.......I don't have TV or 'puter on vacation....I get to read in the evenings...which I don't get to do at home-too much work and planning.....I run the freezer only one hour of the day.....and the HWH 2 hours......A/C as needed and Heat the same.....Dehumidifier runs 24/7 off any shore power available...geofkaye
Old 02-05-2006, 10:17 AM   #28

With four kids my mind tends to go four ways. With the auto start I can forget and won't pay the price later
Old 02-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #29

......Ahahahahahahahahha!.....4 kids you say!....leave them at home and off you go with the wife for a little "holiday on wheels"- as it were.....Insurance company will cover any damage to your house and the fire departments/paramedics and police love to bust those house parties.....COPS can't get you for any boozin' or dopin' if you aren't around.....and your mind,body and soul needs a rest with 4 kids.....God love ya!....you and the wife deserve a rest!......geofkaye
Old 02-08-2006, 11:15 AM   #30

Why not use a remote car starter ? many have voltage sencing that will make them start the car or (in this case generator ) when voltage drops below a adjustable set point ! You also can remote start your gen. wihch can be handy!
Or did I miss something here ? t

fastlap is offline   Reply With Quote