Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 11-22-2014, 06:35 PM   #1

Default Anyone interested in a set of front steer tires and wheels?

I have a gorgeous set of Accuride polished aluminum front wheels with Michelin 295/75/22.5 XZE Energy's on them. I think I am going to put floats on the front. They have 20k miles on them and I think the tires were bought in 2011. Does $700 + shipping sound fair for the wheels and tires mounted?

Old 11-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #2

could you send me pics and your location or feel free to call me as I am interested
Patrick,715-524-9231

qwcslvr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #3

I just went out in the shop and took pics and they are 295 8 22.5 Michelin XZA2 Energy. Lug nuts, lug covers and center caps are not included. They are showing 15/32's on them. I am in Mt Juliet Tn 10 mils east of Nashville.
Attached Thumbnails
20141122_202025.jpg   20141122_202109.jpg   20141122_202133.jpg   20141122_202145.jpg  
Old 11-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #4

Sounds like a great price to me. I wish they were 11R22.5 I'd buy them.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #5

man if they matched mine, id buy 'em as spares....if nothing else this is good for a BUMP to the TOP.

get ready to be asked for the stamped date of mfg code....someone is gonna want it.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:49 PM   #6

I took a set of 315's mounted on Alcoa Durabrite rims with a little more wear than that and got $600 for the pair.
I installed a pair of 365/70R22.5 XZA and new 10.5" wide Durabrite rims. I think next time I would use a different offset wheel to get a little more steering angle.
Also installed a larger capacity spring pack while doing this modification. What is your front axle weight?
Good luck with your endeavor.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
I took a set of 315's mounted on Alcoa Durabrite rims with a little more wear than that and got $600 for the pair.
I installed a pair of 365/70R22.5 XZA and new 10.5" wide Durabrite rims. I think next time I would use a different offset wheel to get a little more steering angle.
Also installed a larger capacity spring pack while doing this modification. What is your front axle weight?
Good luck with your endeavor.
I was going to do the 12.25 wide dura brite wheels. I will have to look up the tire size again that I figured out. I am at 14k#'s on the front axle. I think I am good on the front spring pack. Any feedback on the durabrite wheels?

No problem on the date codes. Somebody just needs to tell me which letters to get.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #8

I think the date code is a 4 digit number, the first two are the week so they should be less than 53, and the last two are the last two of the year. And I don't think there are any other numbers or letters around them. So if you see something like "1612" that would mean it was made in the 16th week of 2012. I think. And they might be only on one side of the tire. But I'm not sure about any of this.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:05 PM   #9

You hit it right on the head, Bob. Here is what a date code looks like:
Old 11-23-2014, 09:13 PM   #10

If you are at 14k why not use a 9" rim and upgrade to 315/80R22.5 tires (9090 lb per)
I see that there are 2 different offsets to the 12.25 rim and those big floats are usually speed rated at 65 mph.
PM me if you want
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERUSONE View Post
I was going to do the 12.25 wide dura brite wheels. I will have to look up the tire size again that I figured out. I am at 14k#'s on the front axle. I think I am good on the front spring pack. Any feedback on the durabrite wheels?

No problem on the date codes. Somebody just needs to tell me which letters to get.
phew i was worried about my front axle weigh...
Im curious how does your rear compare to mine.

this slip was taken a couple of weeks ago...full to the brim w/ fuel (140 gal) and
water (220g over the rear axle).

i feel like I'm a little heavy on the rear...but i don't know what i could do to lighten that load...leave tools & grill at home ? sure cant take the 10kw gen out

Old 11-24-2014, 01:13 AM   #12

Don, I am right at 30k on the rear with completely full load. I'm at 42 to 44k#'s total depending on load. Is yours a single axle? The GVW on mine is 56k#'s for the truck. My combined GCVW is around 61k with the boat behind it. I'm not taking anything out. I just keep putting chit in it.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:01 AM   #13

yeah our coach is a single axle - ill have to look at the GVWR / GCWR to confirm it, but i think I'm at 42k GCWR.

oh trust me we have tons of crap on board - except for food were stocked and ready to go (still takes us at least an hour to get it outta the garage & rolling down the highway).
Old 11-24-2014, 07:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
yeah our coach is a single axle - ill have to look at the GVWR / GCWR to confirm it, but i think I'm at 42k GCWR.

oh trust me we have tons of crap on board - except for food were stocked and ready to go (still takes us at least an hour to get it outta the garage & rolling down the highway).
The only way anything comes out of mine is either through the exhaust or the sewer pipe. The next one I get will have a 600hp in it. A tuner was supposed to be here this past Saturday to give me another 100hp but they were a no show. I am satisfied with mine up to 50,000#'s, beyond that...I need to find a way to get some more coal under the fire.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #15

I just booked the week of Christmas at this place. Buena Vista Coastal RV Resort - Coastal living at its finest. I got us one with a Tiki hut, grill and fireplace. And they allow golf carts. It is right across the street from the gulf.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:56 AM   #16

Quote:
A tuner was supposed to be here this past Saturday to give me another 100hp but they were a no show.
when you say tuner are you talking about an individual or some software tuner ? I'm interested in hearing more.

I've been wanting to reprogram a few features on ours (cruise set point & starting gear)....but our freightliner shop is busy as hell & i really don't want to leave the coach in their shop parking for weeks for them to get to it.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:29 AM   #17

Quote:
when you say tuner are you talking about an individual or some software tuner ? I'm interested in hearing more.

I've been wanting to reprogram a few features on ours (cruise set point & starting gear)....but our freightliner shop is busy as hell & i really don't want to leave the coach in their shop parking for weeks for them to get to it.
Individual with a laptop. I will expand on it more when I actually get it done and see if it works correctly with the Meritor. +1 on the Freightliner shop. Mine is never going back. They tore up all kinds of stuff in mine....charged me $5k and never fixed the problem when I was having transmission problems 2 years ago. It ended up being the voltage doubler. I tracked it down and fixed it myself. Glad I did too. I have the shop manual to the motor and the Meritor tranny and I learned a ton. Made me feel good to go back down there and rub it in their face because they COULD NOT fix it.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #18

Quote:
I just booked the week of Christmas at this place. Buena Vista Coastal RV Resort - Coastal living at its finest. I got us one with a Tiki hut, grill and fireplace. And they allow golf carts. It is right across the street from the gulf.

we just toured Buena Vista Coastal RV....

205k and up for the lots, plus 250ish for the coach house (no garage),
there are some plans for coach houses with a separate (enclosed) garage - but theyre still in the planning stages so no mention of prices (ill assume the construction rates of 200 bucks per sq foot apply).

the association fees are over 300 a month & the insurance is a pooled (escrow) insurance.

HOA Architecture committee consists of 5 votes (one held by the developer).

It's interesting in that theyre building some elaborate pool/beach/water park w/ restaurant - that will be owned by the developer and LEASED out....It seems that someone has a plan to allow access to that water park (and the in-door pool/conf center at the front of the "community") via a back entrance road.

the coach houses are all constructed of cinderblock (filled w/ concrete)....and theyre still charging 200 bucks per sq foot...pretty pricey imo.

rentals are managed by a 3rd party. Owners receive 70% of the rental fee...i have a feeling the developer is getting a cut too (but i didnt drill down on it).

theres one lot for sale by owner - its probably the best deal given the owner is only asking 225k and has already built the outdoor kitchen/fire place & tiki hut.

400k+ for an RV lot (70' x 40') seems pretty pricey to me, consider I've still got to have a coach (and the coach cant be older than 10yrs).
Old 12-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
If you are at 14k why not use a 9" rim and upgrade to 315/80R22.5 tires (9090 lb per)
I see that there are 2 different offsets to the 12.25 rim and those big floats are usually speed rated at 65 mph.
PM me if you want
I am just doing it because I thought it would look cool. It has nothing to do with function. Michelin rates the speed at maximum weight plus a fudge factor. I have ran my dually well north of a 100 on 22.5's and I have yet to see one come apart. Granted the entire truck only weighs 9k. As long as I can cruise at 75 and hit an occasional 85 getting a run on a long grade if conditions allow. ..I'm good. I will never be over 14.5k on the front axle so I should have some cushion on the mph limit. I only saw one offset though. I want to tuck it all to the inside if I can. Do you have the part #'s for the 2 offsets? I was looking at part #824621DB.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #20

Quote:
we just toured Buena Vista Coastal RV....

205k and up for the lots, plus 250ish for the coach house (no garage),
there are some plans for coach houses with a separate (enclosed) garage - but theyre still in the planning stages so no mention of prices (ill assume the construction rates of 200 bucks per sq foot apply).

the association fees are over 300 a month & the insurance is a pooled (escrow) insurance.

HOA Architecture committee consists of 5 votes (one held by the developer).

It's interesting in that theyre building some elaborate pool/beach/water park w/ restaurant - that will be owned by the developer and LEASED out....It seems that someone has a plan to allow access to that water park (and the in-door pool/conf center at the front of the "community") via a back entrance road.

the coach houses are all constructed of cinderblock (filled w/ concrete)....and theyre still charging 200 bucks per sq foot...pretty pricey imo.

rentals are managed by a 3rd party. Owners receive 70% of the rental fee...i have a feeling the developer is getting a cut too (but i didnt drill down on it).

theres one lot for sale by owner - its probably the best deal given the owner is only asking 225k and has already built the outdoor kitchen/fire place & tiki hut.

400k+ for an RV lot (70' x 40') seems pretty pricey to me, consider I've still got to have a coach (and the coach cant be older than 10yrs).
Go to Bluewater in Key West and that will seem like a bargain. They are asking a million for a pimped out pad down there. Location, location, location. I own one at Windemere and love it. It's only 3 hours from home too. We get 70% of the rent but I don't rent mine out. All it will do is tear my stuff up from some jak azz that couldn't back a rig into a 40 acre field to run over all my low voltage lighting and landacaping. Our HOA'S are $100 Mth. That covers everything except power and enclosed boat storage. I do have a storage unit for the bass boat, golf cart etc.. that we leave down there all the time. It's really nice to have a place to pull into on a holiday weekend and not call anybody and come and go as you please. Ours has the 10 year old limitation too. Private boat ramp, docks..fishing, saltwater pool, clubhouse etc.etc.