Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 09-18-2003, 05:00 AM   #1

For those who made mention of the ride height of some Show Haulers I have an explanation. SH sets the ride height at almost perfect level. If the rig has sat and the bags have leaked down then it looks really low. The ride height is controlled by a valve on frame by the back axle that automatically keeps the height the same regardless of tongue weight. The method is quite simple. There is a bent 1/4" rod that is welded to the diff that runs vertical to the valve. When more tongue weight is applied, the truck comes down but the diff does not. This allows the rod to open the valve and add more air to the bags maintaining ride height. I by hand easily adjusted my ride height up about 3/4" by taking some of the bend out of the rod. Now I have a ever so slight rake in the stance. I think it looks better, is less likely to drag the tail and this morning I drove her to work and didn't notice any difference in the ride quality. When this baby is full of fuel and water she ride like a 1979 Toranado I had in High School!!
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote