Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #1

It has a disco ball on the ceiling, a strippers pole, neon lights and some kind of crazy ping pong ball faced bar. I'll let you be the judge.

This would be a good one for me. I wouldn't have to go to Larry Flints Hustlers Strip Club in San Francisco's North Beach area to watch girls dance on a pole since my conversion would have the strippers pole, the disco ball and the neon lighting.

The exterior looks great. The black painted upper portion, the reflections from the tinted windows and the polished stainless lower portion is an interesting combination. The black looks like the polished stainless and the polished stainless looks like the black painted surfaces. I wish the black and stainless lines were straight/level rather than the stainless line sweeping up towards the back.

I'm curious what it would look like with a better designed interior, minus the disco look.

What do you think of the awning system built into the upper portion of the roof line? Has anyone seen that used in a truck conversion?

Lots of photos here: http://www.siftests.com/prevost/index.html

ebay ad here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #2

.....THE CO-DRIVER IS ALSO THE BUS SCRUBBER/WAXER/VACUUMER DURING HIS/HER OFF HOURS....[there is nothing wrong with a built in maid/servant....which is deductible].....IIRC.... THE INSURANCE IS ABOUT $5K A YEAR. AND IT GETS ABOUT 8MPG DOWNHILL IN A 75MPH TAILWIND.....COURSE IF YOU PAID THAT MUCH FOR THE BUS YOU WOULDN'T CARE ANYWAY.....55,000 LBS ON A CAMPGROUND ROAD COULD BE INTERESTING-BUT YOUR INSURANCE HAS TO INCLUDE TOWING THESE DAYS.....and you have to get used to people asking if you are some kinda rock star or country and western star...and could you sing a song or two just as you get out of the bus. I understand from one of the leasing drivers that they don't stay in truck stops cuz the drivers and hookers are knocking on the door all day and nite looking to see if you are famous or something.......I'll pass on this one.....geofkaye....[though I do like the dancing pole for the strippers]

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:46 PM   #3

I'd like to see one built with an entry door aft of the front axle, a nice drivers seat and a big leather couch next to the drivers seat facing forward for passengers up front next to the windshield.

The forward view out those big pieces of glass must be nice.
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #4

....OK now we go form a measly 1.6 million to maybe 2.3million or so give or take a few thousands.....great Idea and could be done rather easily.....geofkaye
Old 01-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #5

I thought about buying a party bus like this as a business. Problem is if it isn't rolling with customers you aren't making money and, like limo's, they are sitting more often than not waiting for business. It would be the ultimate mobile party pad though for someone with deep pockets :-)
dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #6

.....USUALLY - the bus offsets some other business tax wise.... a lot of individuals use the bus as a vacation/travel home and also deduct it as a business expense by leasing it out for a party bus or something in the entertainment business.....lot of C/W people lease the buses for a tour and then turn them back to the owner with a cleaning cost paid in cash or trade off for something else.....we have updated some of the buses in the past and have done some clean ups/detailing.....it isn't a big profit center for us-but some of my happy workers like to do it after work for some extra bucks under the table.....updating/retrofitting is tricky as one can run into a lot of stuff that is rigged and needs to be replaced-usually with something simple and efficient.....lighting is usually a rats nest of wiring and cheap switches-inline fuses-bad connections/3-M connections and stay-tights are a PIA to get straightened out-under sized wire is the norm....._n_e_v_e_r_ use a single/solid conductor wire....solder all the connections....unless you like hunting for problems in a wiring bundle.....geofkaye