Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-25-2006, 09:18 AM   #1

Complete at last

fastlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:46 AM   #2

Very Very Nice Unit Fastlap, Nice & Compact with all the stuff you
need. Now get some photos with that New Stacker
(And the things that go in it)

Old 02-27-2006, 05:44 AM   #3

Yes very nice. Compact and cozy with all the items you need.
Good Work!!

Wick
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:11 PM   #4

......how much you got into that rig?....geofkaye
Old 03-02-2006, 07:07 AM   #5

Oh , about 2 years ,Kaye
Old 03-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #6

I'd say the two years were worth it!
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by fastlap:
Oh , about 2 years ,Kaye
I wouldn't be 100% sure that was the answer ol' Geof was looking for..... I have a feeling he was inquiring as to the monetary investment involved. But hey- maybe not...
Gary
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #8

......he built what he wanted at a price that he thought it was worth....in his terms-it was a 2 year labor of love. That, I can understand-quite well. I have $50k into my total rig it took 5 months to build with the labor I had working 6 days a week 5 hours a day.....and busting the chops[favors and more favors] of any vendor I could, to get the mdse I wanted at the price I wanted to pay.....sometimes it is better to chip away at the material prices rather than the labor costs-this time it payed off.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:44 AM   #9

Hey Geof, Why only 5hrs a day and I thought there were 7days in
a week. Well on the East Coast there are. If you would have worked them 12-14 hrs. (Only a 1/2 day) It would have been done
in One (1) Month & Saved 20% of the cost. That way you could have shoved more insulation in it. Buy the way do you have photos
of your UNIT (no e) You should put them in the Gallery. That way
Gary would get off his as* and get his done. Oh sorry Gary not done just started. (BY THE WAY I AM ONLY STIRRING THE POT)

The Above Paragraph Does Not Mean To Inflict Or Show Any: Malice,Seriousness,Hurt Feelings or Caring
Old 03-03-2006, 05:54 AM   #10

Gary, the money is the easy part ! arround 100k$ anyone will lend you that without a blink !

But try to get someone to lend you 2 years !!?? Thats the real cost !

Now someone is trying to purchase it from me !!

I would love to get opinions as to real value $$ before I make a mistake ? t.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #11

Uh oh. Ah dooo b'lieve I done struck a nerve......
But yeah, I was sorta curious my own self, as the unit in concept is close to the idea of what I aim to do when the time ( and mooolah in sufficient amounts) arrives.
You are right, of course in stressing the time used on such a monumental project. It IS appreciated. I just could NOT resist when Geof asked "How much?", as that question USUALLY means "Quanto dinero?" or something to that effect.
And I REALLY will get going on my RV sometime in the near future, "near" defined as sometime within the decade or so.
So there.
Gary
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #12

No nerve struck here Gary ! But I would like to here your conversion ideas (if similar to this unit)
I am going to do another Unit and I would love input as I am new at this game !
The problem I am starting to realize Is that these things take so much time that the finished product is what I wanted years ago but not exactly at the time of completion ! ( if that makes sence )?

I guess I have to think about what I am going to like two years from now instead of now !
I will have to keep with the short wheelbase theme though as I have no ideal how the guys with the long rigs get arround ?

ps> I knew he was asking for $$ quantification , I just didnt want to go to that all too thick file and start adding up invoices !
IT reminds me that I am over budget by 4 times , t
Old 03-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #13

,....Marc I work 7 days a week and 5 hours of that day are devoted to things -I want to do-[vehicle/house/cottage construction] the other hours are devoted to things- I have to do......eat -sleep- office- computer- it is hard to get employees/contractors to work my schedule cuz it starts at noon and goes to 3 in the AM-unless I have to run down to the hospital for some crap or another......then I start earlier-unless if can find a good excuse to put it off till the sun is straigt overhead......But I have to do admits from time to time which screws up my whole day and causes me to have to do more paperwork.....untill last week I had a girl to start at 2 in the afternoon and work till 8PM five days a week and 12noon to 6 PM on Saturday and Sunday...but she couldn't stand the pace and left......something about having "NO LIFE" or some crap like that.....how many 17/18year olds are making $420 a week clear these days anyway.....next week I get a prisoner back to work full time-hope she doesn't relapse- so things shouldn't get so crazy around here......who knows....I'll handle it when it happens....geofkaye
Old 03-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #14

....."t".....you and I know how much time it takes -it is just a matter of changing that to what we charge an hour or pay the other person to do the work......toterman had my pix up on his site for a while....I don't have the computer expertise to do it myself and haven't got the time to learn or the personel to do it right now....so sorry.....it is alligator season and I have two very important[$$$$] shows to do in March and April plus income taxes to get ready to go to the tax whizz....plus I'm remodelinga a cottage in Farifax Ohio and getting ready to move there after 46 years here in Yuppieville, Ohio......geofkaye