Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Coach In The Making (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f103/)
-   -   Coach in the Making Two - Motorhome Specifications (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f103/coach-making-two-motorhome-specifications-5210/)

Warpath 10-19-2004 09:57 AM

Here is the preliminary options list for the new Show Hauler. To see the standard equipment on a Show Hauler motorhome [Click Here] We will have everything firmed up in 2 weeks.

One of the most critical options for a conversion are the levelers. We are going with Quadra's BigFoot Automatic Leveling system once again. If some of you remember I buried by 03 Show Hauler in the front yard (when I was having my RV pad extended) and I work those hydraulic levelers pretty hard and they worked perfectly. Never had a problem with them in the 2 years of use. I was talking with Jason at BigFoot and he informed me that they now offer as a option huge 14" dia. foot pads for their conversion leveling systems. I will definitely be adding that option to my BigFoot levelers. Also he let me know that they just updated their website, check it out --> https://www.quadraleveler.com

Other Options<span class="ev_code_RED"> Updates in Red</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">36 x 36 shower w/ corner shelf</span> - We went with a 32 x 32 the first time and it was just a bt to small.
<span class="ev_code_RED">Automatic A&E Awning - Tried one of these out and it is awesome.</span>
convection oven - Dual purpose microwave & oven
corian tops - touch of class
ducted air - move the ac air evenly
hardwood floor - half of the main living area and the bathroom (traffic pattern)
Hide a bed couch - one kids sleeping spot
Large Black Water Tank - 50 or 60 gallon - <span class="ev_code_RED"> Going to stick with the 47 standard tank. </span>
Large Gray Water Tank - <span class="ev_code_RED">Going with twin 47 gallon tanks. </span>
O/S Entertainment - stereo outside
Rack & Ladder - when you have to access the roof
Refrigerator - 10 cu/ft
remote camera - must have
Skylight in shower - awesome to have sun shining in the morning
strip lighting - a little mood lighting
Superslide - more room
Soft Ceiling - give the rv a little warmer feel
theater surround sound - movies on the those raining days
Tracking satellite - for the kids
TV hookup in bin - run a tv for outside viewing
Ultra Leather - this was awesome, super durable, easy to keep clean
Wardrobe Slide - lots of room for clothes
Drawers Below Dinette - easier to get at stuff piled in there.
<span class="ev_code_RED">Recessed Cook Top - More counter top space.
Open Entry Steps - Place to put dirty shoes.
Pull Out Pantry - Narrower than std pantry with easy access to item in back.
48" Bunk - Fits cab depth
Lift Struts On Bed - Access storage space
27" TV - Fits entertainment.
Graphics Package - Give the coach a little color
Rear Side Docking Lights - Backing at night
Electric Cord Reel - makes it nice to bring in the 50 amp power cord.
Black Tank Flush - for rinsing black tank
Pass Thru Storage Bays - Bays behind rear wheels run through to other side.
Quick Disconnect LP in O/S - to run grill or fire pit from main tank.</span>

This picture shows the leather color, cabinet color and corian tops we want. We will go with silver hardware throughout, black convection oven, wood panels to match on the fridge, not sure on the sinks yet. Hardwood floor as shown in front of kitchen and bathroom carpet as shown and in bedroom.

https://www.truckconversion.net/photopost...terior-med.jpg

BillD 10-19-2004 11:00 AM

So Bill,

Can you give us an approximate price tag for this coach?

Thanks

Bill D

Warpath 10-19-2004 11:38 AM

Bill -

I don't have a figure yet. Will have it nailed down in 2 weeks time. We still have so many little details that need to be worked out that could have a impact on the final cost.

With everything being custom, it takes a bunch more work to finally get to that total $ figure.

Bill

dspainter 10-19-2004 12:29 PM

Hello Bill.
You have answered questions for me before. I have had contact with Showhauler and understand that you need to work with a dealer. I live in S.F. CA area and Showhauler does not have a dealer near me that I know of. What is the name of the dealer you are working with.
Donna

Warpath 10-19-2004 12:50 PM

Hi Donna

You don't have that Show Hauler yet!

Talk with Nathan at Beck's his number is #989-224-6825. I am sure he will find away to get a coach to you in Ca. I know he is ordering a bunch of M2's to build motorhomes on so it is the perfect time.

Have you decided on length, floorplan, interior color, options, ect...? Love to here about it.

Bill

dspainter 10-19-2004 04:04 PM

Not yet. Had a medical set back and am in the middle of chemo. We also have 2 kids that are not quiet out of the nest. But we all know the next nest will be on wheels. I appreciate all the info this site provides. There is a lot of information you have to have control of before you decide on a vehicle and the full time lifestyle. April/04 we looked at a 26' renegade in Sacramento and that seems to be the right length. We plan to tow a car. We also would like things that the racecar guys don't worry about. Thermopane windows and an oven under the stove, a really good bed and sofabed and a small vanity for my computer and make-up. That is probably the first time "Make-up" has been mentioned on this forum. I know I will require the freedom transmission with out a clutch pedal. The other thing I want to do is add a designers touch to the inside. We plan to live in the vehicle 24/7 and want it as "homie" as home but with only one bathroom. Don't get me wrong, I like the simplicity I see and happy to not see "veined" mirrors etc that you see in the class A's.
My husband likes the engine in the front for access and weight control opposed to a Class A. We had a doghouse for the engine in our last RV, never again. Also the class A has a hot engine under the bed in the back. You get an idea of where our discussions have lead us. The truck conversions pop up on the forums at RV.net and Escapees.com as mainstream RVer's look at this category.
Thanks so much for the info.

Donna

KAYE RIVERCITY 10-20-2004 08:58 PM

......32X32" shower now a 36X36" shower....Ah! Romance....geof

Susan 12-07-2004 04:38 PM

Another fine feature to add would be electric floor heat. Those floors get awfully cold in the winter. Check out this website I saved as one of my favorites. I seen it on TV. We have a 27,000 SQ FT floor with radiat heat and it is awesome. The website is www.warmfloor.com

We recently sold a Freigtliner RV and I miss it.