Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-16-2005, 12:16 PM   #1

BigFoot Levelers are getting installed as I type this. Jason from Quadra is sending out some photos so I will post those as soon as I get them.

They now have a new optional pad design for truck conversions which is 14" in diameter and 3/8" thick.

I am hoping that we can get this thing into Lonnies by the end of the week. I really need to see this thing wrapped in steel!!!

Old 03-16-2005, 04:42 PM   #2

dang bill, that'd work every where but in a plowed field--- mase

vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 04:55 PM   #3

14"? Heck, I'd even give the plowed field a shot....
Gary
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 05:16 PM   #4

Yep, carry some cribbing and a couple of oak planks with you and you wouldn't get stuck like before.
John (C-IL) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:15 PM   #5

....John ....don't remind Warpath of his "gardening techniques"....we will all get stuck sometime in our travels.....hopefully not in out front yard....but somewhere not so-how shall we say-Obvious to the whole world!......geof kaye ;&gt
Old 03-17-2005, 04:36 PM   #6

Ooooh yeah, I remember that episode; something along the lines of, "Heavy Tillage With Your Freightliner". Either that or it was the intro of the new "Freightliner Ditch Witch"(yeah, that's witch w/a "W"). We all dug it, though.
Gary
Old 03-17-2005, 06:24 PM   #7

It's crazy what 280 gallons of fuel and a little rain on the grass will do.

Anyway, I should have some pictures tomorrow afternoon of the levelers and a few more of the truck.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:33 PM   #8

....good! I'd like to see those pix for sure....Anyone know if Jason going to be at the Louisville Truck Show In March?.....geof kaye
Old 03-18-2005, 09:29 AM   #9

Warpath,
I'm heading to Middlebury tonight for dinner at the Das Dutchman Essenhaus. I'll swing by Showhauler and see if I can spot your truck. It's always fun to see what they have going on over there.
W900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:14 PM   #10

I hope you don't see it, that means it's in the frame shop!

BTW: Photos won't be here until Monday.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:53 PM   #11

Pictures from Jason at BigFoot Levelers are here --> http://truckconversion.net/photopost...ssword=&page=1

Looks like I goofed up. When I was putting my order in, I must have forgotten to specify that I wanted the 14" pads. Got the pictures in today and noticed the standard pads and said "Uh Oh!"

Unfortunately, due to the size of the pads there are special space requirements needed.

So I guess I will need to stay out of those swampy areas.

Old 03-21-2005, 03:44 PM   #12

Quote:
So I guess I will need to stay out of those swampy areas.
....but at least it WILL be close to home!
(snicker, yuck, yuck, snort!)
Gary
PS- Just checked out the other new truck pix- NICE!
Old 03-22-2005, 12:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Atsma:
Ooooh yeah, I remember that episode; something along the lines of, "Heavy Tillage With Your Freightliner". Either that or it was the intro of the new "Freightliner Ditch Witch"(yeah, that's witch w/a "W"). We all dug it, though.
Gary

LOL - done it twice this off season in my yard. Once it rained enough over 2 months the truck just plain sank. The other I backed up too far in the side yard turning around that I got the rears into the mole created soft ground sank. Both time I sank a good 4 inches - both times I yanked it out with my pickup (I LOVE my Powerstroke!!). Luckily no getting stuck yet at the track.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:49 PM   #14

I got my 2003 Show Hauler stuck last October when I was turning around after one of the huricanes had come thru. When i backed across the road to hook up my passenger side wheels snak to the hubs as the culvert and road caved in. I was bottomed out on the storage compartments! I used my levelers to pick up the rear and placed everything I could get my hands on under the tires. I kept raising it up and blocking until I got the baggage doors off the ground and then we drove it forward. I was certainly impressed that the Quadra levelers picked it up. When I got back to the shop we inspected everything and found a broken weld on one of the rear levelers. It would not have picked it up another time.
I always carry 4 3 foot square steel plates for just such an occasion.
Wick

P.S. I am starting to finally put together my new floor plan. We are going to try to use the Freightliner Condo sleeper for my daughters bedroom and add the 30 ft Show Hauler body to it.
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #15

Yep, the levelers are pretty amazing. I figure if I ever get a flat I'm going to make some roadside repair guy very happy when he pulls up and it lifts itself
Old 03-24-2005, 04:53 AM   #16

Hey everyone I love reading your stories but you guys are scaring the crap out of me remember the the Bigfoots you have on your coach are levelers not jacks. You can do the stuff you do with but you have to remember to always run them in pairs and do not trust them ever to hold the whole weight of the coach in the air while you work underneath them. you can use them to jack up the coach, but then make sure you put some kind of jack stand or blocks under it. you never know what will happen. Because I have heard some horrific storys of people being killed, though i might say none that had ours but that is not the point. So anyway do what you got to do but be careful.
( I know I sound like dad )
p.s. hey wera sorry i could not get you them big feet that is the only down side they only fit the new style cylinders.

well let me know if anybody needs anything
Bigfoot Leveler Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:58 PM   #17

....you sellin' direct yet and skipping the middle man?.....geof kaye[AKA "wholesale is not a bad word']
Old 03-28-2005, 07:42 AM   #18

No worries on the big pads, as I said before I'll have osme made by a fabricator friend that owes me a few favors Amen on the jackstands and will do on the running them out in pairs!

As a matter of fact my rig is currently sitting stuck in the mud at our office where it will stay until it dries out later this week then the rear levelers will level the tires off the ground just high enough for some wood to go underneath. I'm just happy it got stuck with the nose up and the rear down