Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Coach In The Making (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f103/)
-   -   Coach In The Making II - Cabinets Are In (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f103/coach-making-ii-cabinets-5200/)

Warpath 05-16-2005 06:40 PM

We are in the home stretch now. Should be done next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Gary Atsma 05-16-2005 07:11 PM

VERY nice, Bill. You've gotta have one BIG knot in your belly in anticipation of this rig! I know I would!
Gary

Warpath 05-17-2005 06:20 PM

We are down to 1 week to the finish of the rig and a few more for the graphics.

Oh how the days have slowed to a crawl!

KAYE RIVERCITY 05-17-2005 11:04 PM

....Warpath....Gray hair yet?......<chuckle> having the kids wasn't this stressful was it?......;&gthttps://www.truckhome.com/infopop/emo.../icon_wink.gif.....geofkaye

KAYE RIVERCITY 05-17-2005 11:12 PM

......BTW...I just found out what "AMISH Cabinets" means....a Quaker Furniture maker here said, " Amish means little strips of wood glued together to make big pieces of wood"....."kinda like what they do in High School Wood Shops....."?....I felt immediate relief as I taught woodshop for about 8 years in a highschool-thought It was something new in woodworking-didn't realize that in just meant NO SCRAP....it all[except dust] becomes furniture......geofkaye-AKA "Relieved"

Gary Atsma 05-18-2005 05:09 PM

Quote:

....Warpath....Gray hair yet?......<chuckle> having the kids wasn't this stressful was it?......
What gray hair? It probably fell out......

KAYE RIVERCITY 05-18-2005 09:18 PM

.......did you all realize that one of the leading causes of early death <40 is stress and anticipation?.....geofkaye

Warpath 05-19-2005 05:54 AM

uh oh!

I am only 39 and all my hair is already gray! Actually, it is on it's way to white.

I keep it super short, who wants a big bushy head of gray hair.

Started turning when I was 28 and the first company I owned. Really turned on the second company, and now that I have 3 going at onetime it had no chance!

Bill

5erFool (John) 05-19-2005 08:20 AM

Hay what is wrong with you alllll IT IS HAIR... some of us would love to have white hair...

KAYE RIVERCITY 05-19-2005 10:46 PM

......I was looking forward to Baldness....but it's looking like its staying around.....I putting my barbers kids through college-every third week.......geofkaye

5erFool (John) 05-20-2005 04:03 AM

contrary to popular opinions we get no disscounts.... my barber threatened to charge a finders fee last week
John

Gary Atsma 05-20-2005 05:40 PM

Quote:

contrary to popular opinions we get no discounts.... my barber threatened to charge a finders fee last week
Boy, I know what that's about!!
A trim seems to take less and less time, every time! I could save BIG bucks by shaving it all off and just using the ol' Norelco from now on....it might take a little liquid bravery, however.......

KAYE RIVERCITY 05-20-2005 10:00 PM

.....if it wasn't for the cold weather now and then......"women love scars-America has the greatest daredevil to doctor ratio in the world"....my barber has 3 kids in College and a wife with cancer........what can I do?.....so I just grow hair and make a contrubution every 3 weeks.....really all I can do at this point in my life is keep growing hair......geofkaye

Blue Skies 05-21-2005 05:37 AM

Quote:

Now let me start by saying... Good for you son!
It's always good to see young people taking an interest in danger.
Now a lot of people are going to be telling you you're crazy,
and maybe they're right. But the fact of the matter is:
Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America
has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
-- Captain Lance Murdoch

KAYE RIVERCITY 05-21-2005 02:41 PM

".....close as horse shoes and hand garnades........."...you got the point!....geofkaye

Kevin Moore 05-23-2005 08:50 PM

Dear Warpath. Why did you choose to have rubber for the bottom of your outside storage bins and not have them enclosed in sheet metal? Thanks by the way for an excellent site!

Warpath 05-24-2005 05:37 AM

Hey Kevin welcome to the site!

All of the bins are enclosed in sheet metal except the LP & battery bays which are half enclosed with a grated floor. The storage bays that have nothing in them get a indoor/outdoor dark grey carpeting glued to the walls and ceiling, the floors get a rubber mat.

Sewer bays get sprayed with a rubberized coating.

Bill

Kevin Moore 05-25-2005 08:40 PM

Thank you for the welcome! I have really enjoyed this site. I have been reading it for almost a year now!

I was at showhauler last friday. I noticed the rubber mat on several coaches. The bins I happen to feel did not have anything in them, like batteries or holding tanks. They seemed to be just regular storage. Perhaps I felt the few that are not going to be used for regular storage.
thanks again.

Kevin

KAYE RIVERCITY 05-25-2005 09:52 PM

........for a $100k+ I'd expect to have the final say as to what goes in each bin rather than some floor worker making that choice......Lonnie seemed to be the type of salesperson that would accomodate the ''investor'' to the max degree.....I say ''investor'' because for a $100k+ it is an investment......and a real good tax writeoff come April 15th for + years and it can be loaned out for cash and never reported[oops]......they are a money maker if you do your homework.....something on the order of $110 a day.......geofkaye