Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-11-2005, 05:18 AM   #1

I leave today to take my Century Class Freightliner to Show Hauler. I am really looking forward to seeing all the goings on at the factory. I'll will post some pictures of the before, during, and after as soon as I can. We are doing a 30ft double slide and keeping the sleeper. More details later.

Wick

Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:13 PM   #2

.....thanks WICK!....I love those pix!....gives my a million ideas.....geofkaye

Old 05-12-2005, 04:27 PM   #3

Wick,
Is your unit going to be like the new 32 footer that Showhauler just posted pictures on their website. That is the look I've been wanting all along. I'll be looking forward to your progression pictures and comments.
photoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 04:51 AM   #4

I got back from Show Hauler last night and I can only say that Lonnie and the staff treated me like i was the only customer that they had. They seem to go above and beyond the call.
I really wish I had more than a few hours to spend looking around. I thought we had made all the changes to the unit that we wanted but,..... seeing all the other coaches and designs makes me think. Anyway the coach will look like the t2000 on the cover excapt for the paint job and the fact that it will be a freightliner. Jason at Quadra was very nice as well and very helpful. We are going to go with some type of graphics package but are unsure just yet what it will be. Now that they are doing all the interior work "in house" it will be interesting to see the finished product. I sae several in the final stages and they looked absolutely great. I have been known to be a perfectionist and have been really satisfied with Show Hauler. I got some pictures of the truck before it was painted and now after so that I can post when I figure out how to get them out of the camera and on the website. I really had wanted to keep the sleeper A/C and heater unit but we could not get the couch in the sleeper on the passenger side with it in there. I may try and mount it underneath and duct it in to the existing sleeper duct.
I also do not have fairings on this truck and asked Lonnie if he could make some boxes to go under that area of the sleeper to match the Show Hauler box. Maybe they can add them to the box before they mount it. We now have to choose our flooring.....Too many choices. The tile look alike looks very nice. Has anyone else had any experiences with it? We also choose to do the vinyl ceiling and walls. I saw a few that way and it looked very good.

Lonnie showed me a Peterbilt that had been there for I believe over 2 years waiting on the owner to decide what to do with it.....Do you know old truckers never die......they just get their Peterbilt.......

I guess I'll keep my day job.
More when I have it....
Wick
2006 Show Hauler in PROGRESS.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:11 PM   #5

Hey Wick -

So I am assuming you are going with a condo Columbia?

One thing I have noticed on some of the Condo's is that some of the roofs match up perfect and other have the condo higher than the MH box. Are you going to match this? Rigs like this drive me crazy.

I went with the carpeted ceiling and after checking out a Volvo with the vinyl ceiling I kinda wished I had gone that way as well. It looks very cool, just not sure what kind of color choices you get. Also my problem is that I went with dark grey leather and I would not have wanted to match that. My wood is oak with natural finish which is very light and not sure if I could have matched that either. So maybe I am better off. I really am a freak about having things color coordinated and I hope we achieved that with our choices.

BTW did you see a M2 29' in the finish shop? I am down to 2 weeks before it has to get to graphics. So it has got to be in there very soon.

Was that Pete orange? I saw a rig sitting outside of the BullPen and swear I saw it there back when I picked my first one up. Never did ask Lonnie what was going on with it. Can't be good for the motor to leave sit for a few years.

Bill
Old 05-14-2005, 04:52 AM   #6

Bill,
We ae going with the century Class Freightliner. We got the extra bo height to match the sleeper roof. We went with the vinyl ceiling and walls. Yes the Pete was Orange. And I did see your coach. Lonnie pointed it out to me at some point but I can't seem to remember where it was.

[IMG]"C:\Documents and Settings\2005-05-13\100_0651.JPG"[/IMG]

Wick
Old 05-16-2005, 06:28 PM   #7

Wick's new truck & old one.