Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-15-2005, 09:43 AM   #1

What information is there on this brand of motorhome.

thunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 05:35 PM   #2

Whatever is on their website would be a safe start.
Check at www.optimatrailers.com. You MIGHT find something there. One never knows for sure though......

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:03 PM   #3

We looked at them before buying ours. More money and i didn't see the difference, storage was smaller and living space seem smaller. For the money the finish wasn't what we thought it should be
Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:56 PM   #4

.....guys you can use the most modern cutting and forming devices and still you got some $7.00 an hour crackhead doing something with a full hangover that in 10,000 miles-[just after wht warranty is done over] is going to cause you some major malfunction and repair work.....it's not the machine that causes the problem it's the worker these days.....Look what bourght Value Jet down in the swamp and ruined the company.....some a-hole makeing the minimum wage throwing obsolete oxygen generators into a cardboard box and packing them near a high pressure rubber tire......geofkaye
Old 05-16-2005, 04:31 AM   #5

Kaye what is your point?? How is it relevant to Optima??
Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 07:18 AM   #6

Actually, as far as structure goes I have been told that they build a very good motorhome. (This is from a few industry insiders I have spoken to on Optima)

They are still pretty new at this and I do see some things that need some refining, but I have also seen some really cool feature they are using that no one else is. I know they build some great trailers so as far as the structure is concerned I don't think you have to worry.

They seem to have a specific interior that they use for most of the coaches so I am not sure on how flexible they are with customizing.

Best advice check a rig out in person, if you like it, be sure to visit the factory and get a complete picture of what you are getting.

I truly believe that with these custom built rigs, you have to really like to gamble with your money if you don't visit the factory that is going to or did build the rig you intend to buy.