Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-03-2005, 03:29 PM   #1

Thanks for putting the pictures up Bill. We decided to have the coach body extend under the sleepr section in lieu of putting fairings on to cover the open area and the fuel tanks. When I get it back I have new wheels as well as more chrome to put on. I did not have time to get everything done before I took it to Quadra. The extra storage under the sleeper on the passenger side should come in handy. We won't have any bottom on the battery box side but I'll hang an air hose reel with 50ft of hose on it there and put in a storage container for my air chucks and gauges. I think it will be a unique coach when finished. More when I have it
Wick

Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #2

I'm glad to see the pictures of your truck. I live in California and there aren't any conversion builders out here so I'm building my own. I have a Century Class with sleeper just like yours, so if you can help me with a few things like wheelbase I would really appreciate it. Steve

racing99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:57 AM   #3

Steve,
We are adding a 30ft body to this one. The frame measurements are : 366 inches Cab to Tail and 187 inches cab to axle and 179 inches axle to tail.
Hope that helps.
Wick
Old 06-05-2005, 07:57 AM   #4

Wick
Thank you for the information. Were those measurements to the front axle or centerline between axles? Also, what trans have you got in your truck? When I get time I'll post some pictures of my truck as it progress's. Thanks again. Steve
racing99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:46 AM   #5

Steve,
We have the 10sp Autoshift. With the load that I am pulling (27,000 lbs +) I felt more comfortable with the Eaton 10sp. If I were going with a new truck then I might get the full auto but I went with something I can work on if the need ever arises. I am not sure on the measurements. You could call Jason at Quadra and he could tell you.
Good luck
Wick
Old 08-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #6

We fly in to Show Hauler to pick up the new unit in the morning!!!!!!!
I can't wait to see it...
Still alot of little things let but it will be usable.
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Wick Copland\Wick's Documents\Motorome\2006 Show Hauler\DSCF0050.JPG[/IMG]
Old 08-05-2005, 03:35 PM   #7

We just got back from Middlebury with the new Show Hauler. I was very impressed by the way it drove and handled except for the 65 mph governed speed, I'll have to take care out that this weekend. The graphics really make a big difference. Biggest problem is having no cab a/c. More later when we get some sleep.
Wick
Old 08-05-2005, 04:26 PM   #8

No cab A/C? Non-op or ordered w/o it?
Just curious.......
Gary
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:54 PM   #9

It worked when I took the truck out to Quadra to strech, but when we picked it up no A/C!!!
Just needs to have a leak fixed and then recharged.
Wick
Old 08-05-2005, 08:39 PM   #10

Hopefully a very minor thing, probably a quick fix.
Best of luck to you, and THOROUGHLY enjoy that truck!
Gary
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:07 PM   #11

.....Great Truck Wick!....."driver her till the wheels fall off"... are you a full timer?.....geofkaye
Old 08-06-2005, 05:22 AM   #12

Thanks,
We are not really full timers but are on the road for about 70 percent of the time. I rent, sell, service the machines used to throw the clay targets for sporting clay tournaments. We travel all over the country setting up shoots at ranges and farms for everything from social events to corporate outings to full blown tournaments. We usually carry 40+ machines and 2 four wheelers in my 32ft trailer. The wife and kids go to most of the events with me so we needed something special. It sure is a dream to drive the conversion. Our Monaco was nice but we were exceeding the 10,000 lb hitch by 150 percent so being a trucker we found what we wanted at Show Hauler.
Wick
P.S. now if only I knew how to post a picture here I would add one in.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #13

Wick,
The picture has to be available online to include it with a post. while in the post mode click on the picture icon above.. green,second rom right and paste the web address (url) of the picture there and align it as you wish.. here is a pic of a FINE looking rig...

Many many miles of smiles to you,
John

because of where the pic is located I assume.... you have to right click on the icon and choose view picture..
5erFool (John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:48 PM   #14

.....well you certainlly did the right thing choosing a Showhauler for your family and business....with your new rig you can pull all day and it won't even brake a sweat.....the interesting sidenote was about the trailertowing being over weight by 150%....wish more people would make the right decision about towing before more get hurt or killed.......geofkaye