Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-29-2006, 04:49 PM   #1

It seems as though life is ever changing. I'll fill ya in later. Anyway I want to move it quick so someone is going to get a unbelievable deal. $133,500.00 Email Me: browell@irv2.com

All the details can be seen here --> Show Hauler Forsale

Old 06-29-2006, 05:44 PM   #2

Bill,

I hate to be the one who asks, hopefully others want to know also, could you share with us how much your rig cost before paying taxes?

How much for the truck and how much to have it converted?

Thanks.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:07 PM   #3

The rig was $168500

The truck was $56,000 & Motorhome was $112,500

I added about another $10,000 in goodies.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:40 PM   #4

Hey Bill, I'm sure you know that EVERYBODY wants to know.......
WHY are you selling?
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:50 AM   #5

Hey Gary

The rig is pretty much sold, just some paperwork issues and I am out of town this week so it has to wait until next week.

Well after much deliberating with the family, it was decided to move into a diesel pusher. Believe me I thought I would never do this. But as you may or maynot know we ar RV'ers and not racers. We don't tote a trailer, only log about 10,000 miles a year and spend more time in the rig versus driving it. So I am not taking advantage of most of the pluses a conversion has to offer. And for us the disadvantages where beginning to wear on us.

What really got me was the huge step forward many pusher manufacturers have taken. Interiors are full of real wood, structures have gotten much better, there are so many more user friendly features that I have been missing in my conversion. Heck I have a ton more power than either of my last conversions.

For me at this time a pusher just makes way more sense.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:31 PM   #6

So what kind of DP are we getting?
Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:58 PM   #7

Warpath,

Are you feeling OK?

From the man who runs the truck conversion website selling his truck conversion and going to a diesel pusher motorhome???

Do you want something that resembles more of a home on the inside with bigger slideouts? What can be better than a conversion? I thought they were the best?

What am I missing here?

I think we all need to chip in a few bucks and send warpath to a psychologist? Something seems to be wrong with this equation???

Will you keep this site up for us truck conversion people please, otherwise, we have no place to hang out. We'll end up wandering the streets talking to ourselves about truck converisons ...and people will think were crazy.
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:35 PM   #8

I have a sneaking suspish that family demands outvoted personal desires here......
AKA "cush" outvoted "push"
Gary
Old 07-18-2006, 03:47 AM   #9

Is there a way that you can just put the family in a Motorhome, And you can follow them in your conversion. Oh Well we all have to do what is good for the whole bunch instead of being selfish.

Does this mean that you are going over to the Ice Capades site with Geoff????

Damn, Wish I didn't say that. (I can't control myself at times)
Old 07-18-2006, 04:54 AM   #10

First off the site is not going anywhere, we are actually looking at ways to increase the participation. I'll fill ya in on that when I get back.

I ended up with a 06 Winnebago Vectra 40KD. It has the Cummins 400 in it and it rips up the mountains. The amount of living space we gained was huge. Nice big windows which lets tons of light in, which I did not realize how big a difference that made.

Bottom line is that conversion companies have a long way to go before they'll really be ready for the RV'er. Don't get me wrong they'll hook a few, but it will only make up a very small portion of there sales.

I cannot tell you how many little features are built into this coach that make using this rig a absolute dream. And yes everyone does have to be happy. It was great that I was happy driving the conversion, but when the rest of the family is not happy, well you know how that goes.

Anyway boys save your money no shrink need yet.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #11

Post some photos of the new motorhome.
shoepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:10 PM   #12

Bill,

Keeping the family happy is very important...

BillD
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #13

bill, just peaked at the '06 vetcra. really nice, hope the advances in the industry are successful in keeping you happy. the differences should be really nice. oh--- i just got back from montrose co..we came back with a friend of ours who was driving a kingsley 500 hp cat he used 5 to 4 gal of fuel more at each fuel stop than we did. keep us informed 'bout how you like the new rig. ---- mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #14

Here is the site for the Vectra motorhome.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products...ctra/index.php

4 slideouts total and the two in the living area really open up the space.

I always liked the layout of bus conversions. Motor in the back opens up the front for the living area where most people spend their time while awake.

But I still like the Class 8 truck look.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #15

Bill-
Hey, at least you are honest in saying you liked the truck, but the family did NOT......
RE: Vectra: VERY nice! But at double the fee for the truck, it had BETTER be! Enjoy!
Gary