Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 11-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #1

Default Freightliner toterhome conversion pre-sale pricing and feelers

Hey all I have made a few posts in here before my build but I never kept up on the build thread.

Anyways I have decided that I will be selling this rig in the next few months and I wanted to throw some feelers out and get an opinion on pricing from you all. I know with as unique as these are its all about finding the right buyer. I will give a detailed description below feel free to just look at the pictures if you don't want to read.

The rig is built off of a 2000 freightliner century class with the Cummins N14 and the Rockwell 10 speed (manual). It has 675k on it and while I know that for the past 6 years it has been used in the toterhome configuration I do not know what it was pulling before that. It starts and runs great and the clutch only has about 1000 miles on it. I get 10mpg on the highway. There are no mechanical issues. It has an airsafe "class VIII" hitch which is rated for around 35k and 3.5k tongue weight. The box was built in '07 and the guy who had it built apparently spared no expense (Not surprising from what I know about him). It is framed out of 2.5" square tubing on 2' centers (1' on the floor). There is 2" foam insulation between the studs. It is pretty freaking solid to say the least.

It has a 30 gallon propane tank, propane range top and oven, heater, water heater, 40 gallons of fresh water storage, water pump, onan 4000 generator, converter (to power 12v appliances), inverter, mini fridge, AC units, shower, toilet, stainless kitchen sink, 42" flatscreen, dvd player with 1000 watt surround sound system, two fold out couches, and the collapsable dinette, automatic transfer switches for the inverter/generator/shore power, and obviously many more little things. - This has all of the accommodations of a traditional RV. The layout is pretty unique as it can seat and sleep about 7-10 people comfortably and I think its huge bunk / loft area is pretty unique and very functional if you want the overflow sleeping or just loads of storage space. Definitely has sort of a man-cave feel.

Also the pass from the cab to living area is 4' x 7'. and the overall living space dimensions are 18'x8' with a 9' ceiling.

here are some pics.

Tell me what you think I should list this for or if I should be putting this thread somewhere else. It is tough to put a price on something like this but I know you guys see a lot more of these than I do so I def value your opinions. Thanks
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote