Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community > Classifieds > For Sale: Toterhomes, Motorhomes, HDT & MDT's
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 12-10-2017, 12:36 PM   #1

Default Ford E350: Full Fairing, Tall Pass through, Automatic lowish Miles

I'm selling off a truck that I brought up from Texas with about 95k miles, and drove summers only in Illinois. 132,021 now. It was used virtually exclusively to pull a trailer housing my race car. I will put more detail here shortly, but I wanted to make this available to this community as I plan to lean heavily on research in here and advice to build and modify the replacement for this truck.

(sorry, see photos loaded oddly. Will try to fix later)

I can not find a lot of comparisons for the value of this truck, so, it may be that after a couple of weeks of trying to sell it, I find that I was hopelessly optimistic for this particular crowd, or craig's advertising too. Can't help being optimistic? I hope I don't violate any major rules, but it is listed in Illinois NW suburbs chicago as well.

Short version good:
17 foot box, fully functioning rear door, sliding full height pass through, no leaks now, or ever in terms of water/rain.
Automatic V10, recent header bolt fix, automatic. No drivetrain issues at all.
Bumper professionally "V"'d and hitch added, and electric trailer brakes adjustable with usual plug on the back.
Only one small seam tear in driver seat. Overall NOT your usual beat to heck cab
Very slick and home brew anti siphoning metal shield added to protect neck from filler to tank, lock cap too. (don't ask, it was necessary)

Bad?
Really not much. Some paint flaking off left fender, some rust rear bumper. AC well, its perfect and blows cold.... not. You didn't really believe that did you?
It is however true that if I charge it in spring, it lasts the summer. Not going to BS on that subject. No one believe AC is perfect anyway.

I'm forced to move it from its storage abruptly, so I'm motivated to sell soon, but not give it away either. Replacement truck is on the way, but I have to move some "stuff" out of this before I can sell it, so it may take some effort to do so if immediate acquisition is important.

Honestly, this truck has not given me any problems ever, other than the usual storage for long term and battery replacement occasionally items. I've had a local ex ford mechanic who managed the storage location service it on and off over the years for brakes and such, he wants it for his son to start a delivery business, but I think he wants it at an extremely low price.

All offers considered, pretty motivated to move on to next project, this could be a great Totor Home conversion I think, or pure RV, or whatever creative hearts desire. Its too small for me to put my car in, hence the sale. I don't have time to consider extending the frame and swapping boxes etc... but I would if I could, there is nothing wrong with the cab/chassis to prevent that. Just time.

I'll try and post more details and photos when I can. Alex.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5374.jpg   IMG_5375.jpg   IMG_5377.jpg   IMG_5378.jpg   IMG_5373.jpg  

xyobgyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:09 PM   #2

Default Correction: E450 Truck, and its a 1998 by Title.

I can't seem to find an edit key to correct the initial ad.

Taking offers as well.

Will add some more photos. Have to run emergently, can't load the rest.

Will try and contact moderators to clean up the ad thread. Sorry.

All tires (as I'll show) are in extremely good condition, and I have a photo of the work to prevent siphoning etc.

Alex.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5513[1].jpg   IMG_5515[1].jpg   IMG_5510[1].jpg   IMG_5509[1].jpg  

Old 12-15-2017, 04:46 PM   #3

Default Rest of photos

Rest of the photos to follow. Need to remove items from inside the truck as well before I can post inside photos. Replacement truck not yet here, so I can't quickly move items over.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5508[1].jpg   IMG_5511[1].jpg   IMG_5512[1].jpg