Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-13-2003, 03:06 PM   #1

Hello Jim, and Valerie, how have your travels been ? It was another dry winter here in Utah. Not going to be doing much boating this summer. Guess we will just spend our long weekends camping and golfing.
Anyhow I wanted to let you know that I just got in 21 1998 610's that will make excellent toters. I know that you are in the right circle of aquaintances to pass the word. prices will start @ $19,950. They are white in color and have super 10s top 2 auto trans.( less shifting ) So PLEASE pass the word, My # is still 800-798-9903 or 801-913-6438 thanks Blake.

Jim Gehlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 05:38 AM   #2

I talked to Blake on Friday. These have the 11 liter detroit with the super 10s. Mileage is in the 500 to 600. I think Blake is right, these would be neat tow vehicles. The small Detroit is reliable, gets good fuel mileage, and has all the power we will ever need.

Just an fyi, when I bought mine from Blake, had about 13 to chose from, he had done a sort down to about 6 for me. We drove everone of them, and I chose the one I bought. It wasnt' the lowest mileage truck, it just rode and "felt" better. A 500k mileage truck would not be a problem for me to buy anymore, knowing what I know now.

Just my thoughts.

J & V where are you?

Chuck

chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 12:41 PM   #3

My theory also, Chuck. The mileage really didn't affect our decision either. He had 64 Volvo's when we got ours and it was an interesting choice. We are in Tucson until April 17th when we will head for Hot Springs, SD and be camphost at Angastura State Park till September. Hot Springs is about 50 miles south of Rapid City. Stop by and I'll buy you a cup of coffee. I believe you have my phone number. It is still the same.
Jim Gehlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 03:40 AM   #4

Mine is a 11.1 pullin a 37' HR 3 slide 5er and it works just fine.

WWW.YES.IRV2.COM
KZX11 is offline   Reply With Quote