Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community > Classifieds > For Sale: Toterhomes, Motorhomes, HDT & MDT's
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #1

Anyone Intrested in toters,Three(3)steps above a diesel dually pick-up??? The full specs.for the trucks will be added along with standard equipment very soon.The options will also be added.

1989 International/Navistar 1700 "S" series w/new style hood.
5spd.Manuel/(Allison auto.is optional)
7.3 IH V8 Diesel w/Banks turbo,air cleaner & exhaust
Four wheel disc juice brakes,P.S.,Am/Fm,A.C.,
Factory Deluxe Interior,21,500 G.V.W.,Air ride,20'frame behind cab
Painted one(1)solid color of your choice w/Emron or equal.
Moterhome registerd,Standard Price Completed are estimated @ 35-45K
Original Milage on trucks is between 100-180K. (Southern Trucks NO RUST)
Note: Rear Sleeper/Sitting/Sofabed Area will be a minimum of 5'.
W/very large access opening.

If Interested,email Marc: mcharley02@yahoo.com or call 609.226.6969.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:37 PM   #2

....got any pix and who is building it?....where are you located?...geofkaye

Old 01-19-2006, 03:38 AM   #3

Kaye, I am still putting the final details together.I am in Southern New Jersey I do them here in my shop. I have put four
(4) together so far, It all started by accident. I did one for myself and as I was getting ready to paint it a friend of my
Fathers showed up with paint chip cards and sayed "It will be this color and I am leaving in three days" The other three were pretty much the same way,But in differant stages of the build. I still do not have one for myself.I am a young(50) retired Drilling Contractor.Photos are being put together and will be up as soon as possible. I use Heavy Duty Truck sleeper take-offs (no junk) and custom bodys using steel. I have not used a aluminum body yet.(personnel prefrence)
Everything is done here and nothing is subcontracted out. My location is unique due to the fact I am located within 20 miles of the factories of Viking,Ocean,Egg Harbor and Post Yachts. So the help I do have here are very talented guys.
This whole thing just kind of happend. And it is a good thing because it keeps me out off trouble with the wife because she works for the state of NJ and cannot retire for 15 years. The local girls at the strip joints wern't to happy though.
And the local Harley dealer wasn't eiether. "To many toys not enough time" I have talked with Gary A. in California several times about them (just in generel) not about a purchase. Regards, Marc

P.S. I posted this just to see if there was intrest outside of my area. I have the chance to purchase six (6) trucks.
And to be honest I am a little concerend with this next step. I was in business thirty-five years and the drilling company was started by my Grandfather in 1925. And with sixty employes at one time it took its toll on me with the stress and bullsh** factors. So I want this to be fun and enjoyable this time around.

Also please note, There is not any glitz,glitter,flash or smoke & mirrors here just good old fashion honest stuff.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #4

.....Marc....I have built 2 now an could build 4 more this year but I have to stop and redue a house in another village just a mile or so away...me neighbors in Mariemont, Ohio are becoming a problem so I'm out of Mariemont in March? After t hat I will be building a garage and doing conversions also....custom work keeps me interested and busy with the profits at around 200%+ I can make a buck and enjoy my retirement.... though I still see patients in the AM I have all afternoon and evening to build trucks and trailers......send along your pix- I add them to my files when I get a person that wants a custom conversion I have plenty of pix of what others are doing and I do referrals all the time if I'm overloaded or just in need of time off.....This retirement thing gets to me sometimes.....I'll keep your pix handy with your number so if a buyer is interested he can contact you directly.....might as will spread around the wealth some.....geofkaye