Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 04-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #1

Comments?

I think the only window is on the door. Wonder if I'd be clastrophobic inside always wanting to look outside...?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ULTIMATE-DIESEL-TOY-HAUL...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

text from the ad:

I HAVE OVER $100K IN THE COMBO UNIT PLUS OVER A YEAR OF MY TIME

BOTH TRUCK AND TRAILER HAVE BEEN TOGETHER SINCE NEW AND NEVER USED COMMERCIALLY

ALWAYS A PRIVATE UNIT – I WILL NOT SEPARATE – TRUCK AND TRAILER WILL SELL TOGETHER ONLY

ULTIMATE TOY HAULER RV

RECREATIONAL VEHICLE

NO CDL REQUIRED

This is a unique and totally custom set-up!!!!

One of a Kind!!!! House on Wheels!!!!

FULL SIZE bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, office, living room, and SHOP/GARAGE!!!!

Tons and tons of storage space!!!!

Completely converted from A to Z in 2006. Very bright, modern, and lots of storage. Perfect for the full timer or anyone looking for a great traveling machine.

REGISTERED AS A RECREATIONAL VEHICLE (RV)

NO SPECIAL DRIVERS LICENSE REQUIRED TO DRIVE OR OWN THIS COMBO UNIT.....MEANING NO COMMERCIAL DRIVERS LICENSE (CDL) NEEDED

Winter package equipped - which includes heavy duty insulation and interior heated water system!!!!

YEAR ROUND LIVING – MOVE IN TODAY – CLEAN AND READY TO GO

17.5KW Diesel Generator – military issued will run in the desert 24/7 all year @1800 rpm's!!!!

100% READY TO GO ANYWHERE TODAY!!!!

This Volvo Truck and 48' Drop Frame Trailer combination comes with all the bells and whistles with custom paint job in 2004 and vinyl decals such as Thor, Shift, Fox, etc that are easily removable if you wish. Both the truck and trailer are air ride equipped for a nice smooth drive – small appliances on counter don't even move while the unit is in motion. Behind the trailer is a heavy duty hitch to pull a car or more toys.

Volvo Truck Features

· L10 Cummins diesel engine with 16,231 miles on complete overhaul – very powerful yet very fuel efficient

· 10 speed Eaton Transmission with granny gear and high/low reverse

· 2 stage Jake Brakes

· Air Conditioning

· 40 Channel CB with weather channel

· Air Compressor Tool Outlet

· Back up spot light

· Heated Mirrors

· Fog Lights

This truck runs down the road strong at 70 mph. Starts in all weather first shot. I have started it at -10F without plugging it in without a problem. Excellent engine compression and only 16,231 miles on complete engine overhaul. Engine does not leak or burn any oil, no blow by whatsoever. Steer tires have 80% tread left. All 8 drive tires have been recently replaced with brand new virgin tires. 17.5KW heavy duty diesel generator mounted on frame with remote start from inside the cab and from inside the trailer featuring 220/110 volt 50 amp plug for trailer and 110 volt 15 amp electrical outlet/plug for outside use.

Truck Work Done In 2005

· Complete engine overhaul

· New turbo

· New alternator

· New a/c compressor

· New starter

Truck Work Done in 2006

· New brakes all around, shoes and drums with 95% left on them

· New exhaust from turbo all the way up

· New shocks all around

· New airbags

· 4 New batteries

Truck Work Done in 2007

· 8 New Virgin Drive Tires

· New Turbo Line

Drop Frame Trailer Features

100% Fully Self Contained with enough amenities onboard to live in the middle of the desert for at least 1 month without any discomfort. ALL INTERIOR WORK WAS DONE IN 2006.

POWER

· 6 New Deep Cell/House Batteries

· Heavy duty battery charger

· 2500 watt heavy duty inverter

· 17.5kw heavy duty diesel generator mounted on truck with remote start and stop inside the trailer

· 125 amp breaker panel with 24 breakers

· Separate 20 amp lines and breakers run for almost every outlet and appliance allows you to use all appliances all at the same time – never trip a breaker again

· Separate 60 amp breaker panel with 8 breakers for shop/garage

· Separate 30 amp breaker panel and plug for mig welder in shop

· 12 volt breaker box distribution center with 12 switches/breakers

· 30 feet heavy duty 50 amp cable for off shore power for campgrounds at rear with its own main breaker

· Secondary 40 feet heavy duty 50 amp cable for off shore power at front of trailer

· (2) 100lb propane tanks for appliances and accessories

WATER

· 500 gallon fresh water stainless steel long life tank

· 250 gallon black water septic steel long life tank - breaks down stool to liquid form and never clogs

· 10 gallon super quick recovery propane and/or electric hot water heater

· On demand 12 volt water pump

· Separate hot and cold water lines run for each tap/faucet/toilet etc. to maintain water pressure

· 60 foot flexible sewer line

HEAT AND AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM

· Powerful 60,000 BTU forced air propane furnace with power vent duct throughout

· 1 ½ ton central air conditioning unit duct throughout

· Digital climate control

BATHROOM – 6 feet x 8 feet

· Full size shower (36 inches x 36 inches) with frosted glass door and 12 volt light

· Moen accurate temperature shower faucet – does not change temperature if water is used at the same time - i.e. toilet flush

· China (porcelain) toilet with spray hose attachment for easy cleaning and long lasting durability

· Full size oak vanity with porcelain sink top and nickel finish tap

· Oak mirrored medicine cabinet

· Oak above toilet storage cabinet

· 12 volt and 110 volt lighting with florescent daylight bulbs

· 110 volt electrical outlet with safety breaker

· 140 CFM very powerful ventilation fan

· Ceramic tile flooring

LAUNDRY ROOM

· Low consumption high efficiency digital washer and dryer

· 12 volt and 110 volt lighting

· Furnace and breaker panels area

· Hatch for 8 feet x 8 feet basement storage area and plumbing and propane lines access

· Retractable inside clothes line from the living room to the bathroom approx. 20 feet of line

ATTIC STORAGE - 14 ½ feet x 8 feet

· Currently used as storage could be converted back to 4 bunks or 2 bunks and storage

· 12 volt and 110 volt lighting

· 110 volt electrical outlet

KITCHEN – 12 feet x 8 feet

· Oak cabinets with lots of storage including lazy Suzan and pantry

· Oak 110 volt light with florescent daylight bulbs

· Ultra deep (10 inch) fiberglass double sink with Moen pull out faucet and soap dispenser

· Low consumption high efficiency ultra quiet dishwasher with pot scrubber feature

· Panasonic Over the range microwave with inverter technology and 460 CFM turbo 4 speed ventilation fan

· GE digital propane stove with accurate temperature oven for even heat baking/cooking

· Dometic propane/electric refrigerator

· Under cabinet 12 volt and 110 volt lighting

· 12 volt and 110 volt electrical outlets

· Oak style table with chairs

· ¾ inch oak wood flooring

LIVING ROOM – 9 feet x 8 feet

· Plush 3 seater couch

· Panasonic surround sound system with 5 disc DVD/CD changer

· 20 inch flat screen TV

· Directv satellite DVR (TIVO) receiver

· 110 volt electrical outlets

OFFICE 7 ½ feet x 5 ½ feet (8 feet wide with closet)

· Corner desk with hutch

· Printer/Storage Cabinet

· File Cabinet

· Paper shredder

· Clothes closet

BEDROOM – 8 feet x 8 feet

· Queen size bed

· Clothes closet with built in drawers

· Oak Clothes/Storage Cabinets

· 20 inch flat panel LCD TV with DIRECTV satellite receiver

SHOP/GARAGE – 8 feet x 10 feet

· Corner work bench

· Built in storage shelves

· (2) Tool boxes on wheels that lock while vehicle is in motion

· Plenty of space for dirt bikes, tools, storage, equipment, etc.

· Separate 60 amp breakers box with 8 breakers

· 220 volt 20 amp plug for a mig welder

· (1) Outdoor 110 volt projector light mounted high inside for use outside with back door(s) open – lights complete rear area of trailer

OUTSIDE

· (2) Outdoor 110 volt night sensor entrance lights – go on at dusk and off at dawn for power conservation

· (1) 12 volt entrance light

· Pull out propane Barbecue

· (1) 110 volt electrical outlet under the trailer for outdoor use

· (2) entrance ramps that slide out from under and hook to bottom of doors

· (1) Brand new spare tire on mounted bracket underneath

ALL ROOM SIZES ARE APPROXIMATE – SHOP AREA AND OFFICE CAN BE EASILY MODIFIED TO CREATE MORE SPACE FOR ATV's, SNOWMOBILES, etc – I CAN HAVE THIS DONE FOR YOU IF YOU PREFER – PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR FURTHER DETAILS

ALL RECEIPTS, MANUALS, LIFETIME ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION FOR PARTS, SERVICE, MANUALS, AND UPDATES, ETC I HAVE WILL BE PROVIDED TO THE BUYER UPON PURCHASE

I HAVE OVER $100K IN THE COMBO UNIT PLUS OVER A YEAR OF MY TIME

BOTH TRUCK AND TRAILER HAVE BEEN TOGETHER SINCE NEW AND NEVER USED COMMERCIALLY

ALWAYS A PRIVATE UNIT – I WILL NOT SEPARATE – TRUCK AND TRAILER WILL SELL TOGETHER ONLY

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT ME BY CLICKING ON THE ASK SELLER A QUESTION LINK AT THE RIGHT TOP CORNER OF THIS PAGE – NO REASONABLE OFFER WILL BE REFUSED

THIS UNIT IS 100% READY TO GO ANYWHERE TODAY!!! IN SAYING THAT I AM WILLING TO DELIVER ANYWHERE WITHIN THE LOWER 48 STATES FOR A REASONABLE FEE – PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

Please see all the pictures below to get a good idea of the great layout and exceptional use of space in this truck and trailer combination unit.

Truck and Trailer Combo Unit is located in Fraser, Michigan 48026

FLY IN... DRIVE HOME

I WILL PICK YOU UP FREE OF CHARGE

At Detroit International Airport

OR

I CAN DELIVER FOR A REASONABLE FEE

OR

I CAN ASSIST YOU WITH SHIPPING TO YOUR LOCATION

Note: I am willing to deliver this unit anywhere within the lower 48 states for a reasonable fee provided the unit and delivery fees are paid in full first. Please keep in mind, for the benefit of both parties I would prefer the winning bidder requesting delivery to see and inspect the unit prior to delivery.

Terms of Sale

$1000 US non-refundable deposit due upon acceptance of any offer and balance due within 7 days of acceptance of the offer. Pickup within 14 days of offer acceptance unless other arrangements are made in writing. Both truck and trailer are pre-owned and sold as is, where is, BUT IN GOOD CONDITION. Buyer is responsible for pickup, shipping, or delivery costs. If you do not agree with these terms please do not bid.

Coach is located in Fraser, Michigan about 30 minutes from the Detroit International Airport.

Pick up is available 7 days a week by appointment only.

I accept PayPal, Visa and Master Card via PayPal, or bank wire transfer for the deposit. Balance to be paid by Cash, Cashiers Check, Money Order or bank wire transfer. I will accept Paypal for the balance if the buyer is willing to pay the PayPal fees of 3%.

NO FINANCING OR ELOANS.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND ALL FUNDS MUST CLEAR MY BANK PRIOR TO PICKUP, SHIPPING, OR DELIVERY.

I have tried to describe everything to the best of my ability but I may have missed something so if you have a specific question or need further information feel free to contact me by clicking on the ask seller a question at the top right corner of this ad.

Please note personal belongings shown in pictures such as clothes, computer and computer accessories, toiletries, small countertop kitchen appliances, tools, etc are NOT included within the sale.

Thank you for looking and hope to see you soon.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #2

Ohh yeah; try pulling THAT rig into your typical campground space! Other than that, the big question has got to be WHY? But then again, maybe that's why he's unloading this yellow (NOT pink) elephant. Way too big to be practical.

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #3

Gary

Do you think spending time inside would make a person constantly wanting to look outside through potential windows? Like some kind of natural instinct since we are not moles who live underground in darkness.

Anyone ever spend much time in such a place like one those military missle silos that are underground or submarines? What are the long term psychological effects of living in such an area with minimum outdoor light?
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #4

1) i didn't see any windows.

2) Any officer who knows anything will pull you offer in a minute with those decals, which make it commercial.

3) That thing only it's builder could love
Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:59 AM   #5

Mr Dutchman,

There is a side door on each side. A cargo door over a house type door which has a 2 x 2' window. Small, but better than nothing I guess?
Old 04-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Do you think spending time inside would make a person constantly wanting to look outside through potential windows? Like some kind of natural instinct since we are not moles who live underground in darkness.

Anyone ever spend much time in such a place like one those military missle silos that are underground or submarines? What are the long term psychological effects of living in such an area with minimum outdoor light?
Good point, 'Dog, this is not the well-illuminated environment I have in mind when I go camping, that is if I could find a space for such a monstrosity. What a POS.....
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #7

Gary,

You have to admit, that if it was cold, wet, dark, miserable, rainy weather, it would be a good place to step inside, turn on the lights, TV, cook some food, take a shower, go to sleep... It does have some good qualities. It is shelter, and it is movable. It beats being outside or in a cave.

The kitchen looks spacious and has lots of cabinets...

Put a tranlucent roof on it, some windows...and it would make a nice retreat.