Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-17-2005, 01:53 PM   #1

This is one big baby:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PREVOST-H5-60-RV-CAMPER-...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Imagine what would happen if the two sections came apart and you were the most forward seat in the rear section...? You'd have one hell of a view for a few seconds...

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:50 PM   #2

......uh 283,000+...who are they trying to kid anyway....geofkaye

Old 07-17-2005, 09:35 PM   #3

What a WHALE! Must be a beach to drive......
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Atsma:
What a WHALE! Must be a beach to drive......
and look where the driver has to sit .... i bet that ride is nice

i think i keep the Pete
-in the shop: Pete "38
spooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:12 PM   #5

Quote:
i think i keep the Pete
I think I would too.......
Old 07-18-2005, 10:07 PM   #6

...me three....that is the worst idea for a MH I could imagine.....but somewhere /some place I bet.......geofkaye
Old 07-19-2005, 04:45 PM   #7

You know the line; "different strokes for different wackos" or something to that effect.....
Old 07-19-2005, 06:35 PM   #8

I for one think it is a great idea.. in fact I think all tractor-trailers should be forced to be redesigned that way... as well as private vehicles.. just think of the MAJOR aggrivation of driving being eliminated in one fell swoop... no tailgators.. it may take a while to get them all killed off but that is the price you pay for success... that and huge heavy rear bumpers... Seriously the MTD here uses several buses quite like this one... I am amazed how they fly around the city.. they only have one steer axle but the rest looks the same.. possibly twin axles on rear section(trailer?) and a little more setback on the front.. maybe just take the front steer axle off and leave the other where it is or move forward a little...and what is wrong with the milage figure.. 64 mi per day, 5days a wk for 17 years...now I don't know what kind of commercial enterprise could afford a unit like that for 64 mi a day but I am sure there is one out there...maybe a 320 mi roundtrip every week....?? my goodness it sold for 35K. that might not have been a bad price... salvage on something that big has to be worth something... BTW JCW is not me .. fyi here is the owner's webaddress.
http://www.amadorstagelines.com/
John
5erFool (John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:00 PM   #9

.....well Gary you are in Kalifornia and close to the reactors......so I'm waiting for the fault line to shift and you move to Cincinnati where you are relatively safe from radiation and wackos.....now all you got to deal with is the natives in the city-car jacking-murder-holdups-rapes-B&E- robbery.....We even had a SWAT incident on my street Saturday nite....can you imagine in "my little safe town of Mariemont Ohio"....and to think the yuppies were so concerned about my trucks that they took me to court.....Now they have a major incident it deal with....talk about a cover up!......John is dreaming about a bus with a hinge in the middle....wonder how he is getting it into a trailer park.....they would freak out and throw him out cuz he doesn' t look like the rest of the conversions....is that a reason to file a complaint in federal court for discrimination?....geofkaye
Old 07-20-2005, 06:59 PM   #10

Hey, I think I'll stick around here for now, especially since I'm used to the constant earthquakes, runaway brushfires, smog you can cut with a knife, and traffic snarls(THAT ought to slow down all those thinking of moving here....maybe...). Other than that it ain't so bad.....
Old 07-20-2005, 11:14 PM   #11

.....I do miss Redondo Beach and southern cali....but only sometimes......was there in the 70's for 3 months....geofkaye