Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-19-2005, 05:54 PM   #1

Comments?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...549850657&rd=1

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:39 PM   #2

......glitz! what about the name on the side-must be removed or kept on?....as a buyer-ask yourself a question......"what is in this for me?".....if it is star lust or being a roadie....you have a problem....a big problem!......you have lost your personal idenity......also these vehicles are given to those people in exchange for advertizing and are rarely paid for-only shown around the country. Would I buy a truck driven by a famous person just to say this truck was driven by so and so?....maybe if it was some girly/hottie with very few clothes on and she came and visited now and then.....but I don't see any advantage of buying a used coach No mater who owned it......Personally I'd hate the intrusion on my privacy by the "fan club types".....geofkaye

Old 05-20-2005, 01:14 AM   #3

geoff,
Of course the glitz goes. OCC is selling the truck, not an ad campaign.

BravestDog,
Kibbi makes a very nice rig. I wouldn't want so much stainless on one(I'd rather spend my time enjoying the rig than cleaning it).
Hell, if I had the money, I might bid just to get the chance to slug Paul Jr. in the mouth(I can't stand it when he starts whining). Paul Sr's no prize either. But I digress.
The current bid is 150K and the reserve hasn't been met. Might be a reasonable price if you have use of such a rig.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:42 PM   #4

Dang that is one loooonnnnggggg toter! Love the Coranado, really sharp looking truck.

That thing would be a nightmare anywhere but on the highway. I'll bet that is why they are dumping it. You would have a hard time getting into parking lots, auditoriums and other places that they show off their bikes.

BTW: Love OCC! Not a groupee or nothing like that, but those boys took the entrepreneurial spirit to the next level. And you gotta love that.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:58 PM   #5

By FAR the best parody of the whole OCC thing is:

http://sithcountychoppers.com/main/modules/news/

"Sith County Choppers" or "Darth Vader buys a bike-oid"...funniest damn thing I've seen in ages .
Jimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:40 PM   #6

Didn't know if you knew what the construction was of the Renegade. It is FRP. They use this for the walls and ceiling. It is held together by an extruded aluminum corner. While this sounds very weak, it is evidently strong. They advertise you can put up to 2.5 TONS on the roof of their trailers and as many people on the roof as you can fit on the toter. OCC according to Dwight (western sales manager) bought this coach thru a dealer. They do not "sponser" is what I was told first hand. You might want to check what kind of leveling system they have installed and where the service area is for it. I happen to see one that had the fill tank and lines in an extremely difficult place--about 4 inches under the floor. Hope this helps!
Kevin Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:28 PM   #7

......maybe not a "sponcer" but a healthy discount that you'd be shocked to hear-I'm sure.....maybe in the realm of cost + a small percentage with an advertizing agreement.....Usually the rigs are decked out with all the glitz/gizzmos and are part of the show.....Prevost has a bus that was 50% off for a show for manufactures of bus specialty products a few years ago when I was hot for a bus.....now I wouldn't consider one....even at cost.....geofkaye
Old 05-24-2005, 10:14 PM   #8

.....BTW I bought a Kevlar bottomed bass boat 18-6" from Baja a few years back that was in thier display for shows at 25% of the list price as there was some sun damage to the gel coat.....$1000 out the door and a Road Runner Trailer to haul it on with a $5000 175 hp Mariner engine and fully equipped.......coulda bought more but I did't have the storage room at the time-damnit........geofkaye
Old 05-25-2005, 08:33 PM   #9

I was just repeating (verbatum) what I was told last thursday when I toured the Renegade factory. They had several pictures on their wall of famous owners. As Dwight was showing me the photographs, and letters they had framed for public viewing, he asked me if I'd heard of OCC. I said yes and then he said,"by the way we don't sponsor anyone, they all went through a broker". I know that some of the brokers have differnt deals, but the point is, Renegade does not authorize the discount. Again, just repeating what I was told. BTW sorry I spelled sponsor wrong!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:34 PM   #10

I was just repeating (verbatum) what I was told last thursday when I toured the Renegade factory. They had several pictures on their wall of famous owners. As Dwight was showing me the photographs, and letters they had framed for public viewing, he asked me if I'd heard of OCC. I said yes and then he said,"by the way we don't sponsor anyone, they all went through a broker". I know that some of the brokers have differnt deals, but the point is, Renegade does not authorize the discount. Again, just repeating what I was told.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:43 PM   #11

.....if you get the name of the broker I will write them for a deal on the company letterhead and ask for a deal on a unite.....geofkaye
Old 06-19-2005, 10:10 AM   #12

That rig is Overlength in every state. I wonder how many times they have been stopped.

My 30' on a Columbia chassis with Basement Air and just about every option is due in late August. We plan to tow a 27" trailer (tip of tongue to tal and that will put us at 67' overall length which is fine in my home state but 2' over in most adjoining states.

Also, the Kibbi/Renegade use FRP with some steel cage to support lift gates, slides etc.

TPD Trailers also make FRP trailers/stackers and are extremely rugged and easy to maintain.

pjcnlv is offline   Reply With Quote