Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 10-26-2006, 07:45 PM   #1

Comments?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-CUSTOM-BUILT-KINGSL...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2004 Kingsley Coach - with garage conviently located below bedroom
Garage is large enough for two motorcycles
Garage also converts into a sleeping area
Built on a 2003 Freightliner Coronado Chassis
500 HP Detroit Diesel Engine
12 speed Automatic Transmission
12.5kw diesel (water cooled) generator
49' bumper to bumper
100" wide exterior body with multi-level interior height
Custom Maple Cabinets throughout
Corian solid surface countertops throughout
Washer/Dryer combo
12 cubic foot refrigerator with ice maker and raised panel doors to match kitchen cabinets
In-motion satellite system
GPS navigation system
Back-up camera
32" Plasma TV in living room
4-leg one touch automatic Hydraulic leveling system
Vinyl padded walls and ceiling throughout
30 gal. gasoline tank and fuel station
THIS IS A ONE OF A KIND CUSTOM BUILT COACH!!

THERE IS NOT ANOTHER COACH EXACTLY LIKE THIS ONE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!!

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:28 AM   #2

What would be the wholesale or retail price of this rig?

Thanks

Ken

Ken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #3

We went to look at this rig, very nice in fact the was the first Kingsley that I have been in and drove. But at the end of day too rich for my blood. Asking over $ 500K
Old 11-09-2006, 11:07 AM   #4

This MH has been relisted at a starting Bid of $125. Last time listed starting bid was $250

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...6&fromMakeTrack=true
Old 11-09-2006, 01:19 PM   #5

Ken

Did you know the $500k price before you saw the rig or were you thinking/hoping it would be less and went and looked at it?

What was your impression other than the price?

Thanks.
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #6

When I schedule the appointment I did not know the asking price. But when on eBay the first time no one bid. I was in hopes he would be less than his orginal asking price. But the night before I was schedule to see MH I found out he was a dealer and I went to their web site.
But this was our first time to see and touch a KINGSLEY MH.
We were impressed with the MH and construction. But for the Bedroom interior height was too low about 6 feet. I am 6'8" tall this would be a problem for me
I did not see any type of damage or abuse on this rig. My gut tells me that it is a repo but saleman told me the guy traded it on a new Kingsley.
We did drive the MH for about 20 miles freeway and two lane roads no problems. The jake brake did put a smile on my face. On freeway speed at 70 mph and on two lane speed upto 65 mph.
Since we came home I am not sure is color is painted or flim?

Ken
Old 11-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #7

Ken

Were you hoping it was less than $125 or $250? Did you have to drive far for the test spin?

Did you test everything in the rig?

Sometimes I sleep in my Toyota truck with a cab high camper shell on an inside platform with storage underneath. Sleeping in the Toyota, I've realized, for minimal sleeping needs, it has to have approx 20" plus for my shoulders and 6-7' in length so I can stretch out. I'm 6.2/200lbs. That 20" gives me an inch or two of room between my shoulders and the ceiling. Not a lot, but just enough to turn over.

I have to crawl/roll into that space like a snake. But when you are sleeping, you just need something straight/flat, ideally level unless you can roll downhill into a side wall and somewhat soft with proper ventilation.

If I was to design sleeping quarters for myself and guests and wanted the ability to sleep a lot of guests, which can be nice at times, I think I would minimalize the sleeping space and save the big spaces for the living areas.

I don't need a lot of fancy things, I need things that are going to work well. Would like to see the Russian version of the Truck Conversion.

Vladimir:

"Dat is vhere you sleep. You don't need much comrade.

To make the slideout extend, go outside and turn the big handle clockwise.

To make the toilet flush, step on dat black foot switch 2 times.

To turn on the heater, put a log into the stove.

And the vodka, cheese and crackers is in the metal cabinet with the plastic cups."

Minimal automation...
Old 11-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #8

I was in hopes he would be less than $200 but no luck. But at the end of day the bedroom interior heght would have caused a no deal at almost any price.
We drove about 400 miles round trip but that was not a problem because we stopped at a BBQ place we have wanted to stop for about the last 7 years. Good BBQ.

Ken
Old 11-09-2006, 01:57 PM   #9

Sleeping requirements
I refuse to buy anything that I am not comfortable. Also in this rig if you had family or company visiting it would be difficult to change cloth in bedroom.
When the cost is this great it needs to be conformable

I drive a Ford "X" and the last 15 years have driven/owned several suburbans

Thanks
Ken
Old 11-10-2006, 04:51 AM   #10

Kingsley does a fiberglass exterior, how does this compare to the aluminum exterior used by other companies as for as weight and durability?
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:00 AM   #11

dave, our kingsley is almost 4 years old and the exterior looks like new. it's no garage queen either as it has over 50,000 miles on it.------- mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #12

vapoppa
Please chack your PM
Old 11-12-2006, 01:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken1:

I did not see any type of damage or abuse on this rig. My gut tells me that it is a repo but saleman told me the guy traded it on a new Kingsley.

Since we came home I am not sure is color is painted or flim?

Ken
I personally have met the owners of this coach on several occassions. I can pretty much guarantee that it was not a repo and they always took extremely good care of their stuff. The bikes they carried in the garage were always spotless also.
The exterior is all custom painted (i.e. not by Kingsley). The original owners wife decorated the interior and then picked the colors for the exterior. They had a custom MH painter (Prevost certified) do the work. They had told me at one point what it cost since I was looking to get my Kingsley painted but I do not recall that info any longer.

I also know that they are indeed in a new Kingsley.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:43 PM   #14

Bill

Thanks for the reply nd update that they did have a new coach. I know I have traded off cars only one year oil but that does not compare to MH's. But I guess if you have the money and wants for something differant then it would not be a problem. Did the owners ever express any problems with MH?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2006, 05:04 PM   #15

Not that I know of. I had dinner with them and a few other Kingsley owners, as well as the original owner of Kingsley in this coach down at the Tampa RV Show.

There are several very loyal Kingsley owners. I know of one that buys a new coach every 2 years.