Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community > Classifieds > For Sale: Toterhomes, Motorhomes, HDT & MDT's
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 12-13-2005, 07:41 PM   #1

Comments on this rig?

looks like a nice party rig.

it's set up like a sleeper conversion with 9 bunks. then there's space to sleep people on the two fold out couches, and two fold down bunks above the couches, the diner if it converts, and the rear lounge area. Looks like a portable hotel.

What's the mileage?

Is the bulkhead which divides the two couches in the slideour section necessary? Could it have been built without the bulkhead to open up the space?

Is the exterior FRP or Aluminum? Looks FRP to me.

I sort of wish the color was solid black with no stainless lower panels. The black color makes the rig appear smaller and less noticable.

The ad says this: "12.6' Interior height." Do you think they meant exerior height?

how about the tractor portion, is that a good choice?

http://www.busforsale.com/skillet/index.htm

Specs and floorplan here:

http://www.busforsale.com/skillet/page_2.htm

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:35 PM   #2

.....I think the term "Entertainer Buses" is a dead give way....I'd have to have a complete warranty on any rig purchased from them.....most people in the "E" business are leasing coaches- drivers -insurance- because it is a complete write off that year instead of owning IIRC that is a deduction spread over the years-7 to 10?- I believe....I think Kroll is even offering Exective Coaches with security now......The Driver and Coach that dumped the sewage through the bridge into the river and on some people is out of business I have heard...and one of the dope dogs sniffed out a coach at RiverBend this year but I don't know who the ''star" was......I kinda suspect that some of the busses have a story to tell-I'd be very careful of doing business with any used bus dealer..........geofkaye

Old 12-14-2005, 08:54 AM   #3

Is it my imagination or is the slide out crocked? The tope seems to be more out than the bottom.

Maybe they needed the bulkhead in the slide to help structural inegrity?
WalliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:51 PM   #4

having a kingsley myown self i'd guess that this one has the flush floor and that when the slide was opened it wasn't opened the last 2"-4" which leaves it in that position just before the inner lip drops down fulsh with the main floor.------- mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:23 PM   #5

The ad says:

Each bunk has DC and AC power, Overhead A/C and heat.

Would that be considered an exessive or costly amount of ducting and how does it all work? Do you have a heat and cold duct or just one duct that blows both and where is the unit that decides whether you get hot or cold air? How does that work?

How do you keep germs out of a system like that? Is a system like that prone to making people sick?
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:00 AM   #6

I guess its the same as at my house (or most newer homes here in SoCal). One duct and outlet, and the blower - in the attic - just blows air, either hot from furnace or cold from the a/c heat exchanger.

How you get not sick from the germ... boy, maybe im already sick... but trhere are companies making a living just cleaning ductwork, not sure if they can do the same in RVs.

WalliK is offline   Reply With Quote