Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 11-12-2002, 02:27 PM   #1

On Truck paper www.truckpaper.com there is a new listing for 99 and 00 Volvo 610s with M11 Cummis and AUTOSHIFT.

I called and they are comming in from a local trucking company that are swapping out their Volvos for lighter weight Freightliners.

The 99s are in the high 400 thousand to high 500 thousand in mileage and the 00 a hundred thousand less.

I am going to go look at this fleet just for giggles they are only an hour and half away from me.

I doubt if there are a lot of smalle engined autoshifts around, maybe worth a look for some of you.

I plan on looking at some of the 2000 when they arrive in December or January

more info e-mail stevedavis@centurytel.net

I am only bringing this to your attention, not endorsing or affiliated.

cad

chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 05:21 PM   #2

Chuck - I talked to Steve at the Freightliner dealership in La Crosee where these Volvos are coming in. He's still looking at a December delivery. He told me these trucks are coming out of Minnesota, so the 12% FET has already been paid. Really looking forward to a report from you once they start arriving. Joe

Joe

JoeHDVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 07:29 PM   #3

I am new to this site and the info available. I am trying to contact Larry or someone regarding the purchase of this type of truck. I do not know if the correct info is here for someone to reply. I can't seem to find any e-mail addresses to write the right people. If someone gets this message, I would appreciate some help from someone who knows. Rick
Richard Dahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:12 PM   #4

Richard-
Larry's E-mail address is at the bottom of the main Forum index. Hang on, I'll get it. Here it is: onezman@hotmail.com Try it and he should get back to you within a day or two.
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 06:25 AM   #5

Help me out here guys...what makes a Volvo a heavier truck? Most I see have smaller engines than C120s.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:27 PM   #6

Patrick-
If I'm not mistaken, Volvo uses a steel cab with some fiberglass parts on the sleeper, as opposed to aluminum which is used for many truck cabs. In cases like ours where the truck will be used for an RV, weight is of NO concern. The Volvo is a great truck. If you like them, get one.
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 08:44 PM   #7

Patrick,

In general the only rreal differences in trucks are the cab/sleepers/wiring/computers. Everything else pretty much interchanges among trucks. Same frame rails (weight wise), same engines, same transmissions, drivelines, axles, wheels etc.

The Volvo I am in the process of converting now holds 300 gallons of fuel. That's about 2,400 pounds of fuel.

onezman

onezman is offline   Reply With Quote