Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 10-06-2005, 08:41 PM   #1

Comments?

They call it a command center. I'm thinking mobile internet cafe, mobile card room, a place to go to shuck and jive, private mens club...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Corporate-Hospitality-Sp...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:29 PM   #2

.....shame this comes up right now while I'm in the middle of a move and rehabing 2 homes currently......Oh well! I got too much on the plate right now....geofkaye

Old 10-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #3

What do you like or dislike about this rig?

I like the walk on roof with the safety rails, but everything else like the side stairs and rear deck, would take time to set up and where do you store it when put away?

The interior lacks sleeping compartments unless you modified it. It's arranged to be an office or such.

Does it need two rear axles? Or would one rear axle be sufficient?

How would do you think it's worth?

What would you pay for it?
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:54 PM   #4

The best part of this deal for me?
This guy is LOCAL! Well, to me at least.
Probably wouldn't hurt to call and at least see what these guys can do.....
One never knows until one asks, and asking is free, at least so far.....
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:48 PM   #5

....hell yeah! give him a call Gary, and see what deal he'd like or deal he would propose.....It is an odd ball but has posibilities for a person with a little talent or engineering ability....and the price could be right!....I'd have to do an eye-ball close up to give an idea what I would pay for it....but If properly priced -I say there is a incredible opportunity even with second home financing through someone like CountryWide or one of the big guys like that.....maybe a 20/80 at intrest only for 10 years....If I wasn't tied up with rehabs I jump at it real quick!....I could re- work the floor plan and add beds and accessories to make it homey and very functional and MODERN as hell-real show piece with that bird's eye maple-and not that Amish cabinet stuff.....geofkaye-wouldn't even paint it white or some other color.......
Old 10-10-2005, 06:37 PM   #6

As I look at it again. It is a nice rig. Just a bit different. More like a mobile office space...

I wish it had retractable canvas bunks so people could sleep in it and eliminate the center wall in the slideout to open up the space a bit more or glass wall with a curtain and bigger or more windows.

Big ceiling skylights would give it a roomier feeling.

It looks like to get into the cockpit, you have a full size door on the right, next to the bathroom on the left.

In order to exit the cabin from the side, would you open the sliding glass door and lower the steps...? or do you remove the side steps and store them below?

Getting in and out of the cabin frequently while on the run would be difficult with that side and rear door set up.

It looks like a movie rig. He also has a grip truck in the pictures with a nice rear lift.

Says it only has 9900 miles on it and a 1995 and the auction ended at $60,000 with 5 bids.

What do you think it's worth? $65, 70, 75, 80, 85...?
Old 10-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #7

What do you think is the materail used for the interior walls? Looks like aluminum to me. Isn't sound abrobing materials such as fabric or cloth prefered for motorhome's interior walls?
AlmsR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:47 AM   #8

....change out the ceiling first and see if you still have a noise problem.....then the walls[hanging carpets].....but I'd put up with that if I could have the curly maple paneling and it wasn't cheap crap-ola stuff....rest of it is fairly simple to modify.....steps? use aircraft folding steps or redesign that part of the coach to except regular steps.cut-out.....geofkaye