View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 03:48 PM   #14
florida panhandler

Here is some food for thought. My recommendation is to keep your tanks in the coach and install a sani-con waste pumping system so you can pump from the coach up into your second tank in the pickup. At a normal campground or rest area, you can use the sani-con to drain your black/grey tanks. Also, who needs to worry about 50 gallons of black/grey "stuff" freezing in the back of the pickup?

Since we dry camp in Key West and Arizona for months at a time, I have added black/grey (large blue buddy for now) and water tanks to the bed of the pickup. We have used a sani-con system since 2005 with no issues. I love it. No large hoses to mess with, and you can pump over a hundred fee easily (which we do at the house when we return home into our septic), or up into the blue buddy that I now use in the back of the pickup. I'm considering installing a larger fixed black tank with hose connections to replace the Blue Buddy. Makes life so much easier than breaking down and moving the coach to the water/dump site.

When I dump, I fill the water bladder at the same time. When I return to the coach, I move the water from the tank/bladder down into a bucket where i have a boat bilge pump set up, then the water is just pumped up into the gravity fill outlet into the coach water tank.
florida panhandler is offline   Reply With Quote