View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 10:58 PM   #12
hoodoo valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo318 View Post
You will either use a MASSIVE amount of water pushing poo all the way to your truck, Or you will need to put the black tank DIRECTLY below the toilet. even a very efficient modern toilet uses over 2 gallons a flush, and the septic is completely below the level of the toilet. RV tanks use very little water and they dump straight down into the tank. Effectively it's an out house with a vapor barrier. They make a holding tank cart that you can dump into and tow it to the dump station with a golf cart or your truck. It's a much easier solution.
I'm torn here actually, because I'd really like to do the RV style toilet, but on the other hand, I might be living in this full on time and might, if so, actually hook up to a sewer hook up, and so I wouldn't want a holding tank in the loop. Otherwise, I had thought about 5 gallon buckets with a hole saw cut through the lids and regular lids after change outs, but the cart transporter sounds awesome!

Is there a way to have both options and easily transition from one to the other? My wife could benefit from the on board facilities if we were going down the road.
hoodoo valley is offline   Reply With Quote